Ron Capps Top Fuel dragster team (3 Viewers)

Andretti Racing

Stay with me here

Smoke's crossover to NHRA made national news; fantastic for his business marketing partner's R.O.I.

Andretti sees the same opportunity if they jump an existing team driver out of the cars that make turns (basically clamping on to Smoke's coattails) and can put a talented young EXISTING team driver into a car that can make headlines and have NHRA drooling over them for at least the first 6 races of 2025 (remember when every broadcast was all Tony, all the time?).

I say let's look outside the straight line bubble and see who is young and marketable inside the Andretti camp already.

Maybe Enders will drive the Top Fuel car. Perhaps Freeman and Capps have a partnership to run this car. Probably not but nobody guessed her yet.

Nope, Madison Payne won Indy last year in her A/Fuel car. Capps' said the new driver was competing in her first Indy. That would point more to Maddi Gordon.
I asked Maddi Gordon in Indy about the rumor of her racing Top Fuel in 2026. She didn’t deny it. She just said she has a lot to learn driving the family funny car and is trying to get better. I do believe she would be more than content driving the family funny car for years to come but would embrace a chance to run in Top Fuel. It would also give her sister a chance to drive the family car.

Maybe read the article again? Her name has already been mentioned here, but it seems that the headline of the article and Ron’s comments have gone over some people’s heads.

“Ron Capps Plans To Expand NHRA Team In 2026 With Female Dragster Driver“​

“I don't want to say yet. I don't want her more distracted. She's going to try to win her first Indy, and she's doing a fantastic job. And I don't want to throw anything more on that plate at this point,” Capps said. “It’s somebody I grew up with their family. It's going to be very, very exciting to watch that transition.”
What article? I read the first couple posts and threw a name out.

Stay with me here

Smoke's crossover to NHRA made national news; fantastic for his business marketing partner's R.O.I.

Andretti sees the same opportunity if they jump an existing team driver out of the cars that make turns (basically clamping on to Smoke's coattails) and can put a talented young EXISTING team driver into a car that can make headlines and have NHRA drooling over them for at least the first 6 races of 2025 (remember when every broadcast was all Tony, all the time?).

I say let's look outside the straight line bubble and see who is young and marketable inside the Andretti camp already.
IDK. Tony is a unique case in my opinion. He's like the Justin Swantrom of NASCAR. People who weren't even into motorsports got into it because of him. He could go to NASA and traffic would follow him. I really don't see anyone else in motorsports like that except MAYBE Lewis Hamilton, and nitro racing don't pay enough for him probably. As for the Gordons, I'd rather see Madison's dad in a 300" in 2025 and see what she can accomplish in TAFC. God willing and the creek don't rise, its no rush for her for TF unless its about some social media money.

IDK. Tony is a unique case in my opinion. He's like the Justin Swantrom of NASCAR. People who weren't even into motorsports got into it because of him. He could go to NASA and traffic would follow him. I really don't see anyone else in motorsports like that except MAYBE Lewis Hamilton, and nitro racing don't pay enough for him probably. As for the Gordons, I'd rather see Madison's dad in a 300" in 2025 and see what she can accomplish in TAFC. God willing and the creek don't rise, its no rush for her for TF unless its about some social media money.
When she was taking over the family ride I got the impression that would be as far as she wanted to go. For some it’s more about family than chasing a professional ride. However if she were to move up to top fuel, Maci would then have an opportunity to drive the family car. She is more than deserving as well. Also I don’t know if Madi would pass up a once in a lifetime opportunity. Even in a worst case and it only last a short time, she can always return back to the Alky funny car team. So if given the opportunity to take the jump to a fuel car it’s a can’t lose situation.

If you get a chance, watch the Nhra piece they did on the Gordon family in Indy. She could be a star in Top Fuel.

When she was taking over the family ride I got the impression that would be as far as she wanted to go. For some it’s more about family than chasing a professional ride. However if she were to move up to top fuel, Maci would then have an opportunity to drive the family car. She is more than deserving as well. Also I don’t know if Madi would pass up a once in a lifetime opportunity. Even in a worst case and it only last a short time, she can always return back to the Alky funny car team. So if given the opportunity to take the jump to a fuel car it’s a can’t lose situation.
That's true. Point I hadn't considered.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back