Old but new Top Fuel team (1 Viewer)

4onthefl4

Staff member
Nitro Member
I was watching the Drag Racing Hall od Fame ceremony and Joe Castello interviewed Krista Baldwin who said she just bought Pat Dakins Top Fuel operation and plans to do 8-10 races this year.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this. I understand Dakin has some serious health issues which is probably why he sold the operation.
I wish them both all the best, him with his health and her with her old but new Top Fuel operation.

I hate to hear Dakin may be done, but good for Krista. Dakin has had a good run. I’m glad he made it back after the bad crash that took him out for a long time in the late 90’s. If it’s the same team running with Dakin I wouldn’t want to line up with that car first round.

Glad to hear that Krista will run the new/old car. What happened to the Greek's car that Krista drove?

wonder if the dated dsr canopy chassis still has a future somewhere else? guessing she will have to front half the dakin chassis for new o.d. pipe spec.?

the old car was outdated. Krista has been looking for a car for a year or more. Hope she can get out there with the new one.

I hate to hear Dakin may be done, but good for Krista. Dakin has had a good run. I’m glad he made it back after the bad crash that took him out for a long time in the late 90’s. If it’s the same team running with Dakin I wouldn’t want to line up with that car first round.
Scott Graham has been tuning her car when not tuning Pat's, so basically the same team. I remember hearing that at one time he was the tuner for her dad the late Bobby Baldwin.

I wonder where she has obtained the funding to buy a compete TF operation? I'm sure Paul Lee pays her well, but does he pay her THAT well?

Last edited:
the old chassis should go into a museum somewhere and be repainted in the lucas oil livery. the last TF'r driven by CK ..... article on complus today states
the team hopes for at least 4 races.....pomona, phoenix, vegas I, and chicago.

Attachments

• karamesines.jpg
    karamesines.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 30
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back