Ron Capps Top Fuel dragster team (15 Viewers)

J. S.

Nitro Member
Since we all had fun speculating on who would replace John Force for the rest of the season, and since we have pretty much beat the "Where's Alan?" topic to death, how about some discussion about who Capps would name as the driver for his T/F Team starting in 2026? He says they wouldn't need to bring money to get the seat, since it sounds like he already has a primary sponsor lined up. So how about Krista Baldwin? Or Julie Nataas?

Last edited:
Since we all had fun speculating on who would replace John Force for the rest of the season, and since we have pretty much beat the "Where's Alan?" topic to death, how about some discussion about who Capps would name as the driver for his T/F Team starting in 2026? He says they wouldn't need to bring money to get the seat, since it sounds like he already has a primary sponsor lined up. So how about Kristen Baldwin? Or Julie Nataas?

In before someone mentions Dean Skuza.

It sounded like he has a business partner which I believe is Andretti Motorsports. From the NHRA insider interview it really sounded like it would be a current Lucas Oil racer. So we need to keep a look out for Ron Capps on the starting line when the sportsman cars are running.

It sounded like he has a business partner which I believe is Andretti Motorsports. From the NHRA insider interview it really sounded like it would be a current Lucas Oil racer. So we need to keep a look out for Ron Capps on the starting line when the sportsman cars are running.

I would agree with the Andretti theory, with Julie in the seat.

I would agree with the Andretti theory, with Julie in the seat.
Since we all had fun speculating on who would replace John Force for the rest of the season, and since we have pretty much beat the "Where's Alan?" topic to death, how about some discussion about who Capps would name as the driver for his T/F Team starting in 2026? He says they wouldn't need to bring money to get the seat, since it sounds like he already has a primary sponsor lined up. So how about Krista Baldwin? Or Julie Nataas?
Cody Krohn, maybe?

Cody Krohn, maybe?
I had heard that Frank Hawley raved about how natural of a driver and great student Cody was. He is most definitely near the top of any teams list. There is a ton of talented drivers in other classes. Nataas, Hunter Green, Sean Bellemuer, Shawn Cowie, Madison Payne, Lyle Barnett, Steve Jackson, Dylan Hough, Holden Laris, Bobby Cottrel, Zack Sackman etc. There are so many talented drivers that could win top fuel races with some decent funding.

I had heard that Frank Hawley raved about how natural of a driver and great student Cody was. He is most definitely near the top of any teams list. There is a ton of talented drivers in other classes. Nataas, Hunter Green, Sean Bellemuer, Shawn Cowie, Madison Payne, Lyle Barnett, Steve Jackson, Dylan Hough, Holden Laris, Bobby Cottrel, Zack Sackman etc. There are so many talented drivers that could win top fuel races with some decent funding.
Id love to see steve jackson in a fuel car

The real inside scoop. Alan was away getting his nitro license.

ok I have no inside scoop.

If Beckman doesn't get the Force ride full time, then I'd love to see him get this one.
My guess is if the Andretti's are involved, it would be a younger driver. As it should be, IMO. Jack's a great driver, but I believe we need to keep bringing up younger drivers, as well as crewmembers and CC's.

My guess is if the Andretti's are involved, it would be a younger driver. As it should be, IMO. Jack's a great driver, but I believe we need to keep bringing up younger drivers, as well as crewmembers and CC's.

I agree with your post, as well as several others that have suggested various younger drivers from the Sportsman categories. It's all fun to suggest Skuza, Scelzi, Beckman, etc, but I think they will go with someone younger who might stay in the sport for a while.

I hope these young drivers realize that they need to go after these rides. They can't just sit around the house and expect a phone call from Ron Capps. They should get ahold of him at the National events on a Thursday when there isn't much going on. Let Ron know they are very interested. Maybe he would bring them on board next year as a crew member to audition, so to speak.

Last edited:
She is already in her '50's, so doesn't fit the definition of a young, up and coming driver. Plus, she will probably be getting a free Top Fuel ride from her cousin in-law (or is it brother in-law?) Antron.
Id sure like a free ride lol

The last I heard, Angelle is making the move to TF in 2025. Or is looking to. Could've changed by now.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back