Roger Garten "War Horse" (1 Viewer)

Randy

Nitro Member
Just found out Roger was involved in a 2 car accident at Bakersfield last night that ultimately took his life. He's now in the loving hands of God. Roger was a good guy.

maxresdefault.jpg

I shot a close up video of Roger backing up and staging in the first round. It is posted over on Facebook group Glory Days of Drag Racing. I don't know how to post it here.

Just a damn shame. I saw the videos last night, and it didn't look too bad from the angles I saw, and I heard he was talking and stuff and both drivers were going to be OK. I saw pics of the Nitro Nick car all twisted up and was told that was the worst of the 2 cars. Fast forward to this morning and I can't believe it!

RIP

It looked worse live than in the video I saw, but you still expect drivers to come out okay. It's hard to say what caused it - almost seems like mechanical failure - because it was like he couldn't pull the car back into the left lane and it just kept coming over. Roger was too good of a driver for it to have been avoidable. RIP Roger, and prayers for the family. Photo from the pre-race parade:
War%20Horse%20Pre%20Race_zpsq89grkg4.jpg

I found about Roger's passing yesterday afternoon. Still numb and speechless. These things are not suppose to happen, yet they do.

God's speed ol' friend. I pray for comfort to his family and friends.

In some sort of tribute to Roger and the War Horse team here is a video from last years Saturday Night Nitro event I found on YouTube:

There were more people in attendance Saturday Night in Famosa, then there was at the big Indy Car race in Fontana.

There were more people in attendance Saturday Night in Famosa, then there was at the big Indy Car race in Fontana.

There were so few fans it almost looked the the people attending the Indy car race were just the family and friends of the teams competing.

There were so few fans it almost looked the the people attending the Indy car race were just the family and friends of the teams competing.

I forgot all about the IndyCar race so I just looked it up online ... You guys left out the craziest part ... Graham Rahal actually won a race!!! Never, EVER did I think he would have more wins than Courtney at any point in the season.

All kidding aside, thoughts and condolences go out to Roger Garten's friends and family.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back