Road to the Future: No Doubt So Far (1 Viewer)

I was meaning Ashley Force in my question
as for Mike Ashley I don't believe he's considered a rookie,

Yepper, I knew you were talking about Ms. Force...

I thought as long as you ran 5 races or less, then you could run for the ROY.
I believe Ashley, The Fair, is only gonna run 1 or 2 late in the year.
I don't think Ashley, the Beard ran more than five last year

I thought it was 4 races?

Also would they have counted the pro mod seat time against Mike??? It's not an official pro class but its not a sportsman class either?

Slightly off topic... and I apologize in advance.

All the talk for next years Road to the Future Award has more or less centered around Ashley Force - and deservedly so, primarily because no other real 'contenders' have been announced yet. Here's Gordon's wish for the new year...

...Adam Sorokin, son of famed 'Surfer' TF pilot Mike Sorokin earns his Nitro Funny Car license during the offseason. (He was working at it with extremely limited funds earlier this year, but I haven't heard anything about him since.) Then, in honor of his father, he gets sponsorship deals from organizations such as Billabong, Rip Curl, Mr. Zogs Sex Wax, etc. & races the full NHRA schedule.

It would be cool to see him out there giving Ashley, and anyone else, a run for their money for next years ROY.

just looked it up, Ashley ran 5 races last year.

Slightly off topic... and I apologize in advance.

All the talk for next years Road to the Future Award has more or less centered around Ashley Force - and deservedly so, primarily because no other real 'contenders' have been announced yet. Here's Gordon's wish for the new year...

...Adam Sorokin, son of famed 'Surfer' TF pilot Mike Sorokin earns his Nitro Funny Car license during the offseason. (He was working at it with extremely limited funds earlier this year, but I haven't heard anything about him since.) Then, in honor of his father, he gets sponsorship deals from organizations such as Billabong, Rip Curl, Mr. Zogs Sex Wax, etc. & races the full NHRA schedule.

It would be cool to see him out there giving Ashley, and anyone else, a run for their money for next years ROY.
Now that's California Dreamin at it's finest. Would love to see it myself.

Guys, the silver spoon thing was about the fact she got the nod to get in a class A ride with the best money can buy. I am sure alot of those guys worked on Scott champioship teams when he was kicking butt. I know she worked her way up and didn't just graduate for JR Dragsters and bam! I got a ride with Ken Black and Connie Kalitta. It wasn't mean't to disrespect her just bring to light she started with a mega budget at her disposal, heck she even got money from MAC tools last year to attend the US Nationals with her TAD car. It will be interesting to see how the two of them finish up these last 8 races.

Hey Terrance, your talking about just about every Rookie of the year for the last 10-12 years! I can only think of maybe one Scott Weis, and I'm not even sure he won ROTY. Does the name Robert Hight or Brandon Bernstein come to mind? The days of low budget Fuel racing are long gone!

Yeah, Bring back the Surfers... Hope it happens

But the Sponsers are a whole 'nother Thread... ROTFLMAO

Yeah, it's all good by me. Didn't Doug K. win that when he came over "here" from USAC Racing? I'll be the first to say, the KB Girlpower Top Fuel car needs to win a damn race. I can assure you - It's coming! They have too much talent NOT to. We need to bury that damn stuffed monkey !!!!!!!!

Yeah, it's all good by me. Didn't Doug K. win that when he came over "here" from USAC Racing? I'll be the first to say, the KB Girlpower Top Fuel car needs to win a damn race. I can assure you - It's coming! They have too much talent NOT to. We need to bury that damn stuffed monkey !!!!!!!!

Chris,

What or who are you referring to with the last line of your thread?

Terrance

I think Jimmy Walsh should get an award. As Roger mentioned he came out of the Amato camp, and I'm fairly sure he was there back in the "Tim Richards" days. Definately has paid his dues.

Anyone know where Jimmy's brother Bill (Wally) is these days?

In my opinion JR gets the ROY even if Hilliary gets a win and maintains her spot in the top ten. Hilary's driving this year has been erratic at best. How many races has she lost due to her driving? Yeah, JR hasn't raced all of the races, but the races he has attended he has been consistent. Just because Hilliary remains in the top ten doesn't mean she will win the ROY, remember Brandon Bernstein over David Baca?

Chris,

What or who are you referring to with the last line of your thread?

Terrance

Do you recall on NHRA 2Day, David Grubnic doing a piece, and at the end of it, he threw a stuffed monkey out of his transporter? Symbolizing "getting the monkey off his back" after winning his 2nd national event under team Kalitta?
Well as a team joke, (and Lord knows this team is good at THAT!) that very same chimp now hangs from the awning in Will's pit at each race. So as soon as Hillary wins one, I'm sure it will go over to the Kalitta Air Funny Car pits.

Do you recall on NHRA 2Day, David Grubnic doing a piece, and at the end of it, he threw a stuffed monkey out of his transporter? Symbolizing "getting the monkey off his back" after winning his 2nd national event under team Kalitta?
Well as a team joke, (and Lord knows this team is good at THAT!) that very same chimp now hangs from the awning in Will's pit at each race. So as soon as Hillary wins one, I'm sure it will go over to the Kalitta Air Funny Car pits.

The monkey Grubnic had was blue & he got set on fire after Grubnic won. The monkey Hillary has is orange & hopefully he will get set on fire soon!!!!:) :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back