Road to the Future: No Doubt So Far (1 Viewer)

Bullard Anderson

Nitro Member
Just saw the Road to the Future bit on NHRA.com. I know they need to give some pub to all comers. But unless Hillary can win a race, is there any doubt this is JR's award.

I agree, unless Hillary pulls off something amazing (and I hope she does) its not going to happen, JR has been awesome the last 3 races.

Can JR win both this and Rookie of the year? I agree that Hillary has to win a race to even be considered!

Hey 'Noise. I think if Hillary wins Indy and one more, that'll be enough to overtake the great job that JR's team has done. But I don't think they are through winning races this year.

Late.........................Mitch

Just saw the Road to the Future bit on NHRA.com. I know they need to give some pub to all comers. But unless Hillary can win a race, is there any doubt this is JR's award.

Simple answer: "Nope."

Having said that, Alan Bradshaw & the BME Team have done quite well with little & in my mind deserve at least honorable mention.

I hope Hillary gets it, although she'll need to get a win now that JR Todd has two (assuming she maintains the top 10 finish)

Either way both are great drivers. Bradshaw has done well in limited duty, however he hasn't been out there enough to really be considered.

The question is who gets to go against Ashley next year. The publicity she will have should rub off on whoever battles her for roy. Now if I could only find a sponsor, a ride and money :)

Question
Isn't this also Mike Ashley's "rookie" year... If so, looks like they are finally starting to go rounds... it ain't over 'til the 'large boned woman' (new, gentler, mater lingo) Sings:D

Having said that, Alan Bradshaw & the BME Team have done quite well with little & in my mind deserve at least honorable mention.

I'm rooting for Hillary & JR to both do well, they are both worthy competitors.

But like Gordon said, the BME team is really doing well with what they have and that's a credit to the team.

I would have never thought that JR would have a win, let alone two wins before Morgan or Hillary. Taking out Alan & Tony in any round is no small feat, let alone two final rounds.

Hillary's doing a fine job with the Kalitta team though.

I hope Mike Ashley gets a win soon too, he's knocking on the door right now -the move to DSR was a good one imo.

I agree totally, Hillary is talented but J.R. is a natural and hands down should be the Road to the Future winner! :)
I think it's the girl issue again and also who she is affiliated with that put her in the running so to speak but until she wins a national event or 2 it’s a no brainer! :cool:
It could also be that she is in the top ten so they considered her. ;)

Question
Isn't this also Mike Ashley's "rookie" year... If so, looks like they are finally starting to go rounds... it ain't over 'til the 'large boned woman' (new, gentler, mater lingo) Sings:D

I think Mike ran too many races last year to be considered for ROY this year.

I was meaning Ashley Force in my question

as for Mike Ashley I don't believe he's considered a rookie,

It will take more than Indy to win the title

Hillary started out with the "silver spoon" so to speak in her mouth so she should be where she is in the points considering the money and team she has behind her. JR got off to a late start and with the additional funding were able as of late to really lean on their car. JR and Jimmy Walsh are in my opinon the underdogs. I guess Alan Bradshaw would be more of challenger if they could run more also, it's hard to be considered if you aren't out there.
As for what people think Hillary needs to do to win, I think winning Indy will not solidfy that trophy for her. Yes Indy is the biggest race but it's one race. That Skull Gear team will win again and they will get in the top ten and when that happens it's game over unless Hillary matches JR's win total but consider this, him getting in the top ten will have been accomplished by running less races than Hillary so you have to take that in to account. It's not decided yet but I say JR has a good shot at it.

Please excuse the brain fade but didn't Jimmy Walsh come out of the Amato gang or am I thinking of another Walsh?............"HIP"

I don't like the silver spoon analogy. It's like you want it counted against her for getting on a name team. Scott (a 2-time world champ) finished 8th in that car last year. She's right there.

With JR getting 2 wins though, she'll need to get at least one and maintain the top 10 spot to beat him out.

Silver spoon? Packed in an extenda-cab with your Dad, Grandpa & Sister halfway around the USA pulling a Super Gas car on a trailer??
I better shut up, because I can get pretty defensive when it comes to Hillary.

I certainly don't mean anybody HERE.... but I have noticed that some newer fans actually think that the day after graduating from college that she just pranced into Ken Black's office and got hired. They don't realize she's been racing for a a long time.

I guess there will always be comparisons between upstart drivers. Heck even last year it was "Morgan Lucas compared to Hillary".
And remember, it's NOBODY'S goal to win the RTTF Award.... everyone's out here to win Wallys!

She paid her dues I agree to that

Guys, the silver spoon thing was about the fact she got the nod to get in a class A ride with the best money can buy. I am sure alot of those guys worked on Scott champioship teams when he was kicking butt. I know she worked her way up and didn't just graduate for JR Dragsters and bam! I got a ride with Ken Black and Connie Kalitta. It wasn't mean't to disrespect her just bring to light she started with a mega budget at her disposal, heck she even got money from MAC tools last year to attend the US Nationals with her TAD car. It will be interesting to see how the two of them finish up these last 8 races.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back