RIP Virgil Hartman (1 Viewer)

Got to know Mr Hartman around the time Rhonda was racing in IHRA, great story teller and very informative. Will miss him and that era of IHRA T/F, that had so many great people in it

I had the pleasure of visiting with Virgil several times over the years. I always enjoyed our conversations.

RIP, Virgil

whenever someone used to cry 'the sky is falling' if one of the big teams were to go away, virgil would always have a nice response,
'no, the exact opposite would happen'......and it's happening rite now. ..... always enjoyed his insight. RIP Mr. Hartman

Oh no! 😔

Many years ago when nitromater was a more visited site, I posted a trivia question "Identify this car based only on a picture of its injector scoop."
He was the first to answer correctly; it was the Beach City Chevrolet funny car.

The promised prize was a burrito from El Merendero behind the tower in Pomona. Ever since then, I kept looking for the opportunity to find him at Pomona.
Even still at The Finals last year, I kept an eye out for him. I never did see him there.

I will always owe you an El Merendero burrito Virgil. 😔 Thank you for everything you contributed to this sport.

If you didn't come away and look how better off you were when Virgil spoke, you missed something. A true Family man whose children carry his kindness and goodness we all have. My world is much better having the Hartmans' influence and guidance. He did so much for this sport, its racers, tracks, America, than anyone could do justice with words.

RIP Virgil
You made a difference.
My sympathy is with his Family and Friends.

Very sad news! Virgil always shared his knowledge with anybody who asked. Condolences to Richard his Sister and the entire Hartman family.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back