RIP Ray Strasser "Insanity" FC (1 Viewer)

Baca Racing

Nitro Member
I'm not sure if anyone has posted anything on her about Ray, but he passed away a couple weeks ago. He was a great man, and our family is grateful for all the things he did for us because if it wasn't for him, we probably never would have gotten back in the saddle in the late 90's. We set ET and speed records that lasted for many years in the Alcohol ranks.

Before us he and Shirley had raced their "Insanity" AA/FC from 1973-1992. They had a plethora of talented drivers throughout the years, and gave plenty of them opportunities they never would have had.

We just wanted to let the mater world know that we have lost another good one in the sport unfortunately. So Godspeed to Ray and we hope he's up there in Drag Racing Heaven with all the others BS-ing and racing where everything is free and you can't hurt anything!

Many thanks to Ray and God Bless

David Baca and family

Thats too bad. I always enjoyed that team in the 90's when Richard Hartman drove.

Godspeed Ray.

Thanks for letting is know, David. He was a fixture in the drag racing community, for sure.

Randy G.

I am sorry to hear of Ray's passing. I enjoyed our brief partnership with Ray and Shirley. It was always interesting and he had a story for everything and about everybody.

This is sad to hear; I did not know about this. I remember that car as well, when Richard was the driver. Very friendly bunch.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back