RIP Lou Vignogna (1 Viewer)

NYNitro86

Nitro Member
I just found out in my Southern Dutchess News that Lou Vignogna, Super Stock Champion at the last NHRA National Event in Canada, the Le Grandnational Molson 1992, and had one of the neatest Plymouth Belvedere (with the license plate "itsahemi") Super Stockers passed away last week. he was 63.

Louis George Vignogna
05/12/1946 - 10/07/2009
Obituary (From the Southern Dutchess News)
Louis George Vignongna, 63, a resident of Dutchess County since 1972, formerly of Mahopac, died at Vassar Brothers Medical Center in Poughkeepsie on Wednesday, October 7, 2009.
Since 1979, he had owned and operated Fishkill Plains Garage in Wappingers Falls. Louis had a passion for drag racing and was a proud member of the NHRA.
Born in the Bronx on May 12, 1946, Louis was son of the late George Vignogna and Carmella DeFillippis Vignogna who survives in Mahopac. On March 17, 1965, he married Christine R. Trainor. Mrs. Vignogna predeceased him on December 24, 2004.
In addition to his mother, Louis is also survived by his daughter, Laura Carmella Faoro & her husband Tony of Walkersville, MD; his son, James Vignogna & his wife Angela of Hopewell Junction; his grandchildren, Jeremy, Effie, & Phoebe Faoro of Walkersville, MD and Ryan & Nicholas Vignogna of Hopewell Junction; his brothers, Raymond Vignogna & his wife Lorraine of Stormville, Jerry Vignogna of Carmel, and George Vignogna & his wife Barbara of North Salem; his sister, Donna Palmiero & her husband Michael of Holmes; also many nieces and nephews.

I had the pleasure of meeting him a couple times, once at a garage he owned in Fishkill Plains where I saw his son Jimi's "Behemouth" Station Wagon Stocker, and then I saw him at Lebanon Valley Dragway 1995 on a sunday when I worked as an announcer for the Jr Dragsters (when Heather Robilotto and Dustan Lowell raced there) when George was racing the Belvedere that day.

RIP My Friend

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back