RIP Dale Armstrong (1 Viewer)

The man had so many great ideas and innovations. I still wish NHRA had listened to him when he had ideas on how to slow down fuel cars while making it easier and affordable to go racing.

R.I.P. Speed Racer

what a loss....RIP Mr. Armstrong.....thank you for what you brought to drag racing; a great mind in the right place at the right time
when innovation was welcomed and allowed.

I broke the news to my dad this morning as they were old friends from the golden era of drag racing and had worked on some projects together. After a few minutes of silence while driving dad said, I'm getting tired of going to my friends funerals, but this one I must go to.

God bless old friend. You will be missed.

While working Infield Fire & Rescue, all of us enjoyed how professional he was. Not many like him left. May the man Rest In Peace.

dale1.JPG
dale2.JPG

Little known that Dale made a few laps in the Bud King when Kenny wasn't available to drive it. Here's a video shot from the top of the tower at OCIR of the AA/Dale in the Bud King funny car in 1983. Turn up the sound so you can hear what a real funny car should sound like:

I stumbled into a bunch of videos by this YouTube person a few years ago. The sound is just pure joy, still love watching them. Thank the heavens this individual put these up.

Little known that Dale made a few laps in the Bud King when Kenny wasn't available to drive it. Here's a video shot from the top of the tower at OCIR of the AA/Dale in the Bud King funny car in 1983. Turn up the sound so you can hear what a real funny car should sound like:

I loved the video, but every modern crew chief would faint watching that video. Long, smoky burnout, 2 sets of dry hops, no 60 ft, 330 or half track cones ...

Very cool to see Dale in this old video. The man will be missed by many, for a long time!

Oh, and how cool does this car look and sound compared to the late model FC's? The cars might have been slower, but damn, the show sure was a lot better with the long burnouts, dry hops, etc. Plus for whatever reason, the fuel cars just sounded cooler back then.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back