RIP Dale Armstrong (1 Viewer)

Damn that's terrible. I grew up in the 80's and there was non better for me than Dale Armstrong, that's for sure. The innovation he brought to this sport is second to none in my opinion.

RIP Dale, thanks for all you did for this sport.

RIP Dale. Thoughts go out to family and friends. I really enjoyed reading about his innovations when I was growing up.

I just heard this and can't believe it. Became a big fan of Dale's since he won Pro Comp at Pomona in he and Ken Veney's A/FD and later that year in a AA/A at Indy. One of the greats of our sport. RIP Dale

Man this is horrible news, what a blow to the Drag Racing . community.
Other than Alan Johnson he was the top tuner and innovator of fuel motor design in the history of this sport.
Our hearts go out to his family and loved ones.

Last edited:
2014 Has turned out to be one of the worst for Drag Racing. Dale being a brilliant tuner and developer of cutting edge parts and systems really helped funny car gain back on the dragsters of the day until it was common place for the floppers to be quicker and faster than the dragsters on any given weekend. Always with a smile and a professional demeanor, he was the best of the best. Shocking and sad news. My thoughts go to his family and close friends.

Quite a shock to hear of his passing, especially since I didn't know he was even having issues. What a great mind and innovator.

Quite possibly the best engineer this sport has ever had. A huge loss today

Rest in peace, AA Dale... You will be missed

Such sad news, thoughts and prayers to Dale's friends and family. RIP AA Dale.

Terribly sad news for all drag racing fans. Amazing to think that perhaps some of his best innovations were outlawed before they were made. RIP.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back