Ricky Smith talks (1 Viewer)

And to your point over the past several years we've seen a few A/F combos grow to a handful, then half or more of the field was A/Fuelers as they bested the blower cars. Now we're seeing a swing back towards more blower cars (at least earlier this year) as that combo is working well. It will be interesting to see when, or even if, this class coalesces into a uniform combo.
Where do you see the swing back to the blower combo- probably maybe 3-4 best-A fuel out number blown6-7 to one

Interesting to hear both Jackson and Smith think they took too much away from the turbo cars. Those two rarely agree on anything and neither are fans of the turbo car (even though Ricky has one) to come out and say they were punished too much really says something. Ricky says he will be running the nitrous car at Indy.

Where do you see the swing back to the blower combo- probably maybe 3-4 best-A fuel out number blown6-7 to one
Mike, I was thinking that at Pomona this year the ratio of supercharged cars seemed higher, but after looking at my photos only 4 of the 13 cars were blown...... that's only 30%, so you're right the A/F greatly outnumber them. You know what they say, perception is reality, but reality isn't acutality :)

i think the same should be done for prostock but the cars should resemble the original car with the exception of the hood and front grille, from the front fenders to the rear should be stock with a rear wing. The old pro mod days were great, now these cars are basically funny cars with doors. Look i get it that everyone wants an advantage but at what point is drag racing going to make itself extinct because of the money to run when parts cant last.

Its to late now but even stock isnt stock and i ran a stocker and loved it. Problem was they just kept pushing the envelope to where you had $30k to $50k stocker motors. Super Gas, Super Street should be door cars only, no open roadsters, send them to super comp. I remember going to the NHRA Summer nats in 91, seeing the cool super gas cars, all different types of door cars. I mean 8:50 index they run a great set of rules and the cars look awesome.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back