Response from Evan Knoll (1 Viewer)

I read Mr. Knoll's reply and I didn't see any straight talk. I also didn't see an apology or an explanation to the scores of owners, racers, crew members, and their families that were left desperately scrambling to fund their businesses when Mr. Knoll pulled his promised funding at the 11th hour. Gloating about his wealth after vacating his financial committments is un-professional and in poor taste, in my opinion.

Ok so I may have missed something here...

Can someone please explain to me the reasoning behind just up and quiting 2008?? If you have so much money then why did you decide to stop for one year? Im just a little confused on that aspect of it :confused:

I read Mr. Knoll's reply and I didn't see any straight talk. I also didn't see an apology or an explanation to the scores of owners, racers, crew members, and their families that were left desperately scrambling to fund their businesses when Mr. Knoll pulled his promised funding at the 11th hour. Gloating about his wealth after vacating his financial committments is un-professional and in poor taste, in my opinion.

Wow. IF he owed any of them an apology, why would YOU expect to see it? Are you one of them? Where else in the world can you start with nothing and achieve what he has? This 10th grade dropout saw it as encouraging and inspirational.

There's two for the short list!

Im asking a simple question...it almost seemed to me that he had already paid them for the upcoming season so I was hoping someone could clarify. Because of the Evan Knoll that everyone always talks about and that we've all seen it just seems a little odd to me that he would do that unless maybe there was a money issue which I think we all clearly know now is not the case, so is the reason just because its a hobby and he cant be there?

Ok so I may have missed something here...

Can someone please explain to me the reasoning behind just up and quiting 2008?? If you have so much money then why did you decide to stop for one year? Im just a little confused on that aspect of it :confused:

It's his money and, therefore, his decision? :)

My interpretation was that he was incapacitated and he had people whose job it was to make a decision. As he said, he's standing behind that decision.

Last edited:
I can only wish that Evan gets to feeling 100% soon and is in great health again soon . He has been with out a doubt the best thing to happen to drag racing the 26 years I have been addicted to it .

I can only imagine what was really running through his mind when he was reading all the stupid crap and assumptions here , there , and where ever .

He is a class act for not calling any one individual on the carpet , but you know who you are or "were" . SHAME ON YOU . I know he probabely has a list of the people that were talking outside of their necks with out one clue . He had enough class to leave those names out of his mouth and keyboard .

Why do some people not have the same courtesy ? Give the guy a break .

We love you Evan , and I hope to see you at the track when ever you can make it out .

Classic Evan Knoll!!! That's what I like about the guy, Sticks it out there and not afraid to have it cut off! Not worried about his MEDIA RELATIONS PEOPLE saying.."oh you shouldn't say that Evan...That's bad for demographics"

Evan is doing this for his health, and all the right personal reasons....and glad to hear that the folks are Still on the payroll.

As it's been stated many times here, it's his $$$ and his choice. It's not about Bailing on Drag Racing, Telling NHRA TO KISS HIS A$$, or anything else.... JUST Needs to take some time off and get focused and healthy.
Glad to hear his priorities are in order....his Faith, Family..and Friends!;)

Registered member said:
my in-house business team picked up the ball and ran with it. Right, wrong or indifferent, it was their call and they did the best by me not knowing what’s going on with my health
This pretty much says it all. Looks like John Taylor nailed it.

Registered member said:
It seems to me this is a business decision by a CFO who is now in charge of a business instead of the guy who founded the company and loves racing.
Registered member said:
If Mr. Knoll is having severe health problems (which it would seem is the case) then someone else is running the show at Knoll Gas and it's pretty likely that they are not interested in spending millions of dollars in sponsorships that probably don't result in a very good ROI. Mr. Knoll does it for the love of the sport, bean counters don't get that and this smacks of a bean counter decision.
I don't blame Mr. Preston for his decision, it's his job to make sound financial decisions for Knoll Gas. I also find no fault in Mr. Knoll backing his trusted employees.

I'm glad Mr. Knoll posted his response and hope he has a quick and full recovery.

Let the man be, he needed to take a year off to get healthy again, it's better than the alternative. Evan will be back in 09 so everone just have to wait!

What Evan needs now is best wishes, and prayers for a complete recovery, for what he has done for drag racing over the past few years, it's the least we could do in return!

Help me figure this one out?

Did the "Bash Evan" bandwagon have a wheel come off during it's high speed run and violently crash or did it somehow just go over a cliff?

yes thanks for all the $$$$ you spend on your hobby evan, but come on "come get some" "f-bombs?" sounds about like a tenth grade dropout. im not sure how you made billions and dont really care. does drag racing really need that gansta attitude? i dont think so . drag racing was here before the foul mouthed billionaire and will be here after. get well soon so you can go to the races and f--k some people up! maybe the wwf could use some torco cash?

More than likely all of the "Evan Bashers" have one thing in common, that being jealosy.
Remember that most of the time, most things follow the golden rule.............. " The man with the gold MAKES the rules"

Evan; Although I appericate a response...now it's time to get better, come back and then kick a$$. Get well soon!

Did the "Bash Evan" bandwagon have a wheel come off during it's high speed run and violently crash or did it somehow just go over a cliff?

I think they got WAY out of shape and wisely aborted the run! :D

Of course, we can now question why they aborted their run, what REAL reason(s) they did it for other than what they said, whether they owe us an apology for it, and whether legal action is now needed! :D

what's the deal bobby? that's three post in one thread where you are TRYING TO INSTIGATE another argument. maybe some people feel this topic has beat itself to death, and want to lay it to rest because we have more important things to do.

i have opinions on that classy press release, but i'm choosing to keep them to myself. if you REALLY want to know how some of "us" feel, PM me instead of trying to start an internet war. if you are really interested in what i have to say (which i don't think you are), i'll give you an earful.

Last edited:
Nice response explaining nothing except how much money you (Evan) have....and BTW the family started TORCO and Evan kept the ball rolling...
And why would Evan respond to web site critics like this place...No business is ever exempt from negative comments...That was weak...
Check out the other boards Evan that have current nitro players typing away and what they have to say about your company..
People w/in the industry that were left hanging due to this sponsors decision will not post here w/ their real thoughts on this matter..
I would like to see the list of potential owners that would fly your colors for the the future...can you say "one lump payment" or we have no deal...
Get a clue and continue to cut the ESQ's their sponsorship checks as you will be employing them w/ these impulsive decisions on stepping away and short-changing certain owners...
You know the teams that I am talking about...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back