Reid & Dunn (1 Viewer)

Percboy

Nitro Member
After all the "attention" Page garnered from us folks here at NM, yesterdays qualifying show really made me take notice of how smooth Reid and Dunn work together. After about 10 minutes into the show, it was nice to realize that there was a good chance I`m not going to hear some potential blunder or fact that was inaccurate.

Oh dang...
I thought ya'll were talking about a new T/F team for next season. Got to admit, Mike sounded happier on the show this morning (tape). I missed Marty.

I noticed on the tape just how much Rod Fuller looks like Paul Paige :eek:

I noticed on the tape just how much Rod Fuller looks like Paul Paige :eek:
Maybe that`s why they lost the Vavoline sponsorship :D

fullPage.jpeg

Last edited:
And to think how much criticism Marty got last year???:rolleyes:

I guess the concept "it could always be worse" was put into practice. If anything, Paul certainly provided Marty's critics with some perspective.

Perhaps its my newb status to the sport and its TV coverage, but I have always liked Marty.

And I thoroughly enjoyed watching the coverage yesterday.

Welcome back to NHRA coverage, Marty Reid. :D

I'm starting to think you guys that are complaining would enjoy the good "OLD" days of ABC's Wide World of Sports.. Do you remember them? 2 or 3 month tape delay... Howard Cosell (sp?) doing the announcing... I maybe showing my age but I do remember those days.. Barely but I remember them!! :D

I truly miss the Diamond P era with Steve Evans and Dave McClelland... May not have been same day coverage but it sure was entertaining.

I never understood why they took Paul Page away from open wheel anyway?
Was he not called the voice of Indy?

I'm starting to think you guys that are complaining would enjoy the good "OLD" days of ABC's Wide World of Sports.. Do you remember them? 2 or 3 month tape delay... Howard Cosell (sp?) doing the announcing... I maybe showing my age but I do remember those days.. Barely but I remember them!! :D

I never remember Cosell doing any NHRA announcing on WWS...Keith Jackson and Chris Economacki yeah, but never Howard.

I truly miss the Diamond P era with Steve Evans and Dave McClelland... May not have been same day coverage but it sure was entertaining.

and accurate, insightful coverage

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back