Reed Racing In High Spirits For Return To Sydney For East Coast Nationals (1 Viewer)

REED RACING IN HIGH SPIRITS FOR RETURN TO SYDNEY FOR EAST COAST NATIONALS

Brisbane based Drag Racing team Reed Racing are looking forward to returning to the Western Sydney International Dragway this weekend (31st August-1st September) for the opening round of the 2007/2008 Australian Drag Racing Championship, the East Coast Nationals.

It has been exactly one year since team driver Debbie Reed in her Dragster set the motorsport world on fire when she became the first ever female to win an ANDRA Championship event in the professional Top Alcohol bracket.

Having asserted her authority on the field, she was then able to follow this up over the season with some consistent results as she took it up to the men, finishing a credible 5th in the 2006/2007 Australian Championship.

As she makes her return to the Championship for 2007/2008 at this years East Coast Nationals, Debbie will once again be looking to be amongst the front-runners.

“After taking home my first winners trophy last year, the Western Sydney International Dragway has become my favourite track to race at,” Debbie Reed said.

“I can’t wait to get back there, I feel comfortable at the place and I’m really looking forward to it.”

“It’s also a great race track for the spectators as well and with Friday night being ‘Ladies Night’ where all females gain free entry, I’m hoping for a lot of ladies to be there cheering us girls on.”

“We will definitely be doing all we can to repeat last years dream result and begin the season with a win again!”

Debbie’s husband Steven Reed will also be racing for the Reed Racing team in his Top Alcohol Camaro Funny Car at the East Coast Nationals.

Last season Steven finished 3rd in the Australian Championship meaning the team incredibly had both of their Top Alcohol cars in the Top 5 of the Championship.

“Last season was our most successful to date as a team and with a considerable amount of work being carried out on the cars during the break, we will definitely be looking to keep our positions towards the top in the bracket”

“During the off season we have completely overhauled the cars to ensure that we will once again be able to match it with the competition and give us a chance at the winner’s trophies.”

“The Top Alcohol bracket is now one of the most competitive in professional Australian Drag Racing but I think we will again have the goods to be right up there.”

In other off season news from Reed Racing, the team has also announced that regaining Australian Supercharged Outlaws Champion Daniel Reed has decided not to pursue back to back National Titles this year, preferring to focus on his full time job as an engine builder for the highly successful Triple 8 V8 Supercar team.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back