Really Weird !!! (1 Viewer)

There's therapy for this kind of person but seldom sufficient to cure them.

I get a kick out of your Corvettes and the justification. My wife and I have always had a deal with each other -- whoever dies first leaves the other to purchase a new Corvette. This year we both decided this getting old is for the birds so we bought it now. We have had either a '68 and a '72 for three decades but this new one is really something. I totally understand your passion. My son Paul just bought one too. Ours is orange.

Vettes2.jpg
[/IMG]

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Just being mentioned in the same sentence as Mr. Jean has been an honor and a privilege.

My old gasser days pale when it comes to Jeans rides.
My old 56 was like driving a house down the track.
Engine held down with chains and constantly cracking distributor caps on the fire wall.
That sound about right to the old school.
Jean had it made he lived in the proverbial land of plenty when it came to parts.
I remember welding bent steel plate for a scatter shield.
Wasn't no Jegs or Summit.
We were sitting around bench racing the last time I was in Carlsbad [ NM ] and trying to remember how and where we got speed parts.

I know where I got my tin work ! LOL
I figured it was just an old barn and it wouldn't matter!

Trying to stay on topic...I would make note of the day I got a certain car...and on the cars "birthday" I would treat her to a special bath and maybe some high octane....wierd maybe...did I enjoy that day...YES!

Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see my name being thrown about, in a thread titled "Really Weird". So I feel the need to defend what little value there is left to my name here.:p

Doc, thanks for the kind words. I felt my name was in good company too. :cool: Great minds and all......haha

Larry, I did indeed have some great toys back then. I think we all did what we could, with what we had back in those days. Had good times and made great friends, while chasing our dreams. Since you mentioned the gasser days, I'll share a couple of shots with you guys. A guy back in the upstate NY area PM'd me on Mater asking for information/pictures of the Lone Ranger, as he wanted to make a model.

Of course, I was honored and sent him everything he asked for. Here is the results. Thanks again for the kind words guys. Jean

lrdone3.jpg

lrdone5.jpg

for just this type of occasion......not that I have a bunch of strange photo's on my computer....then again....hmmmmm....no comment :D

Right. Do you know how long he's probably had to sit on that pic while waiting for the right thread to come up? :D Reminds me of a video out there that Dodge could have used in a commercial promoting it's new pick up truck trailer hitches if it weren't X rated. :D

That's what I'm talking about . Gasser's ! And when you think Gasser's you think 55 Chevy's and 41 Willis.
I think it's excellent a Weird thread gets hijacked into a car thread.
I know David and J Rod would approve anyway.
That's who we are and what it's all about.

Jean you feel free to post any old Pic's you want anywhere.
I can't imagine anyone on this site being offended.
Those are some quality clear shots .
I miss old Dragster Man too he had some mean machines of the long Variety.
I need to sneak over to Bobby Langley's house and snatch some old pics and copy them.
I doubt he would remember when we worked together.
He wore that dang Billy Gibbons beard even in the Texas Summer.
I have a new copier/scanner and with these new repair programs you can really enhance old photos.
I took a moth eaten little photo booth shot of my mother at about 10 years old and filled in the holes and took out the white spots and made everyone an 8 x 10.
If I can do it a monkey can do it cause I'm technologically challenged.
I have to fix that though with help from a couple of friends who are computer friendly.
On advice that I'm too old to work on hot rods anymore I bought this LT 4 Vette with a lot of goodies and you tune it with a laptop. LOL
I told the guy I bought it from , I used to look into modern race cars and marvel at the myriad of electronics in wonder.
I STILL DO ! LOOK IN WONDER THAT IS !
My most recent question after just spending $400.00 for a Dyno Tune was in really small print.

The only DUMB question is the one you don't ask.
I have a habit of first charging my Batteries in my Vehicles then disconnecting them while I'm gone 30 days or more .

Question: When I unhooked my batt. for an extended time Did I loose my high dollar Tune ?
When I next start it will my 383 jump straight in the air and grenade in a total fireball taking the Red Vette and my house with it ?
I'll tell you I was on pins and needles on that one.

Need not have worried as all three unhooked computers are flashed programed and will retain programed info.

Seems my Dumb Arse dodged the bullet again.
Now on to 64 or better GB laptop and save tune into a folder and Disc for safe keeping and play away.
See I'm learning .
I feel like the Army Air Force Pilot in the movie that was froze for 50 years and brought back to life and stared in wonder at modern Technology.
Is it any wonder why the crew chiefs these days get big bucks??
Every time you see them ,the guys are working on the engine while the CC works at the computer.
How many old farts around who know race engines and are computer savvy anyway ?

CC wanted , Nitro experience and Video Game experience nessessary !
Someone told us decades ago and we probably laughed that computers would run every thing one day.
But 8,000 HP engines and 5 disc clutches ? Well Yeah!

Really Weird alright , Drag Racing and Computer Technology who would have thought that back when those 55 front bumpers came off to fit a tow bar and someone said, " Hey that looks great " !

Yep smart chargers excellent idea.
My Hot Rod came with American Torque Thrust Wheels 17 in. x 11 and now my stock wheels look like $#@t .

Ca Ching I hear Americans cash register ringing again.
My high speed road tires will then look as good as the TA drag radials I have on the first set.

Got plans for a multi use car.
20 miles away and two hundred bucks will get you some seat time . [ BYOC ] bring your own car.

YouTube - Texas Motorsports Ranch 1.7 CCW

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back