Random Question of the Day (1 Viewer)

Dennis

Nitro Member
Did John Force ever have a glass transporter in the early-mid 80's? Not sure if I'm just having a false memory but I recall seeing a Coca Cola funny car in a glass transporter at New England Dragway. The Coca Cola livery (combined with it not being the 1986 Citation) puts it at 1984-85.

This has been bugging me! Maybe I'm conflating two facts i.e. John Force was there for Funny Cars Under the Stars AND someone else had a glass transporter on site. Or perhaps it was a show car. In any event I just want to make sure I'm not crazy. I distinctly remember the glass having an incline and a Coca Cola funny car inside! But I was 9 at the time so who knows.

I remember it looking like the old TV Tommy Ivo transporter:
1721759389436.png

Edited to add...now I done it...going down the most random of rabbit holes. After I posted to this site I went looking at TV Tommy Ivo's site and found the pic above. This is more like what I was talking about, but from what I gather that car ran around 1977, which would have put me at less than 3 years old. So I don't think I saw this particular car, but who knows!

Last edited:
going to try and find my hero cards from this era. pretty sure i have a rod shop one from this era. totally remember seeing
this trailer when i was a youth. 77-78 is definitely a great guess for year. i would have been 11-12.

Ivo had 2 trailers with glass sides. First one had AA/Fuel Dragsters. Photo above was after he went to F/C. This is a great question. There probably were more glass trailers, as they were great advertising.

As Long as I have been going to the races I never remember JF with a Glass Transporter.

When I lived in Rockaway, NJ (40+yrs) there was a hotel near my house (Howard Johnson's) and I remember all sorts of neat stuff parked there after racing at E-Town. We were an exit off of I-80W so it was clear they were headed back to Cali or points west. Three that I remember were TV Tommy Ivo's glass trailer with the Wagonmaster Buick in it, and the Miss Budweiser Unlimited Hydroplane on it's tilted trailer. Another year TV Tom was there again with his jet dragster....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back