Ron Capps to guest on Speed's "Trackside" Friday (1 Viewer)

Kelly

Nitro Member
RON CAPPS TO GUEST ON 'TRACKSIDE' ON SPEED THIS FRIDAY​

CARLSBAD, Calif. (May 23, 2007) - Ron Capps, driver of the Brut Revolution Dodge Charger R/T Funny Car and points leader of the 2007 NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series Funny Car class after seven of 23 events, will be a guest on Speed Channel's "Trackside" this Friday, May 25.

The show, airing in advance of the NASCAR Nextel Cup's Coca-Cola 600 at Lowe's Motor Speedway this Sunday, will broadcast live from the Coca-Cola Stage on Speed Street in uptown Charlotte, N.C., from 7-8 p.m. ET.

Hosting the show will be Steve Byrnes, Larry McReynolds, Jeff Hammond and Darrell Waltrip. Capps will join NASCAR driver Jeff Burton and other guests yet to be scheduled on the popular program.

This will be Capps' second appearance on "Trackside," and he'll be hosted by Coca-Cola and POWERade at this weekend's festivities. "I was on the show before with Dale Earnhardt Jr. a few years ago, so it will be great to be on there again," said Capps, 41, of Carlsbad, Calif. "The whole weekend is going to be great, being there for the Coca-Cola 600. The people at Coca-Cola and POWERade are hosting me and my wife Shelley. We'll play some golf and then we're going to attend a whole load of festivities at the track, including driver introductions, and we'll actually get to go to the driver's meeting. I'm friends with a lot of the NASCAR guys, so it's going to be cool to have an off weekend to go hang out with them.

"'Trackside' is a show that a lot of drag-racing fans watch. So, anytime one of our drag racers gets on - John Force was on there back in Daytona - it's a big deal for us. It's a whole different audience, but I have found that NASCAR people are huge drag-racing fans, so it's always rewarding to see how many of them know who we are.

"It will be fun bantering on set with Darrell Waltrip, Jeff Burton and the other NASCAR guys," added Capps. "The two sports may be different, but they're no less challenging. Those guys drive steadily for 500 or 600 miles, while we spurt down the quarter-mile in under five seconds at incredible speeds of over 330 mph eight times a weekend if we're lucky, but I bet the language will be the same."

I am so ready to see that damn Brut Funny Car back on the 1/4 mile! Grrrrr......

Kelly,
I sure hope you are on the Brut Racing payroll, You are the best damn P.R. person Ron Capps has. Anytime I need to see news from Capps and Co. just come to the Mater and Kelly will fill us in!!!!
Thank you Kell!!!!;)

UPDATE!

FLIGHT DELAYS CANCEL RON CAPPS' APPEARANCE ON SPEED'S
'TRACKSIDE' TONIGHT, WILL GUEST ON 'NASCAR RACEDAY'
SUNDAY, MAY 27

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (May 25, 2007) - Flight delays have cancelled Ron Capps' appearance on tonight's edition of Speed Channel's "Trackside" at 7 p.m.

The driver of the Brut Revolution Dodge Charger R/T and NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series Funny Car class points leader has been re-scheduled to appear on Speed Channel's Coca-Cola 600 pre-race show, "NASCAR Raceday" at 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, May 27.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back