Rained Out Qualifying and 1st Race of the Season (1 Viewer)

Looking with a half-full glass, at least Sunday looks like a killer race day, not too hot, some cloud cover, could make for good racing... ;)

reserved parking for Indy
snow.jpg

here is the latest forecast we got as of 3:45 this morning.

This am model run, plus High res, shows rain arriving about 2 hours earlier now. Checking out radar speed, it
appears that this may be the case. The high pressure which was to the east…has now dissipated. This in turn, has sped up the
initial cold front which has fizzled overhead now due to the dry atmosphere. The large rain band behind the first one is now
very close to Santa Maria. It is advancing at a pretty good clip. So the amount of work time has been reduced by 2 hours I feel.
So, figure rain will arrive by 8:00 AM in the Santa Barbara area, 9:00 Am for Ventura, and along the LA co coastal areas, near
the Santa Monica Bay by 11:00 or so. Inland Empire will still delay until just afternoon today. Tomorrow looks good for
thunderstorms as colder air drops down and spins out over the southland. Rain bands still about 70 miles out to the west.
The extended still looks pretty wild with deep upper level lows forming to the west, and high pressures trying to build next to
them…but it appears that the deep upper level lows may prevail…giving us very wet and unsettled weather.

with luck, they might get today's qualifying in before the rain starts. Tomorrow and Saturday don't look so good but Sunday still looks clear.

Hate to say it but we need lots of rain here in calif. I live in farm country and quite a few will not even plant if they can't get the water. Your grocery bill will be much higher if this happens.

Typing this while listening to the rain pelt my roof.:)

TF Qualifiying Ladder if no Quaqlifiying is run due to rain if I am not mistaken, and the race is run on Sunday as scheduled:

1. Tony Schumacher
2. Larry Dixon
3. Cory Mac
4. Antron Brown
5. Brandon Bernstein
6. Doug Kalitta
7. Morgan Lucas
8. Troy Buff
9. Clay Millican
10. Steve Chrisman
11. Urs Erbacher
12. Joe Hartley
13. Mike Strasburg
14. Spencer Massey
15. Arley Langlo
16. Rob Passey (as I understand not on the property)

17. David Baca
18. Steve Faria
19. Shawn Langdon
20. Andy Carter
21. Del Cox Jr.

Last edited:
I wonder if the Arizona Nationals in Phoenix will be called now the "Arizona Winternationals" and Move the first pomona race to the "Western Swing" Like in 2001 when it was the 50th anniversary nationals

Yeah there goes the summer break before Denver. :rolleyes: I was all excited yesterday afternoon listening in at work when I heard all the commercials playing back to back to back. I anxiously sat through 45 minutes of "Hey Fram-Autolite and Cory Mac Fans", and "Hi Tom Bodette here", and "Did you know....." on the edge of my seat, thinking I'd hear Bob Frey chime in at any moment live from the tower......

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back