Question (1 Viewer)

And spends ???K making 5 passes?! I'm guessing it takes in the neighborhood of 30 to 40K for travel, parts, fuel and wages not to mention the upkeep on support equipment. Going out the first round is never a money maker no matter how much fun it sounds like.

In 1968-69 we figured it cost around 400.00 on average to go, stay and get home in one piece. That included maintaining the tow vehicle and trailer. Once we were there we spent about 150.00 a round if we didn't break too much stuff. If we destroyed a motor, I seem to remember if we bought/built a complete new bullet it cost about 3300.00, but that was everything including the spark plugs.

It paid $10,000 ten years ago too and you couldn't make then either. The Laganas and the Greek are the only ones I know of who can come close to breaking even on that kind of $$$.

Couple of folks probably get some incentive money from the track/promoters for coming out and filling the field when entries come up short.

does at least two passes with a non-qual. spot also get paid?....used to think they did; positions 17-19? or something like that?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back