pay outs (1 Viewer)

IHRA Top Fuel Payouts

#9 & #10 First Alternates - $3,000
1st Round Loser - $10,000
2nd Round Loser - $13,000
Runner-Up - $16,000
Winner - $23,000

The only mandatory run is Sat. night.

IHRA does not suck right now, the state of this entire country has affected most organizations that provide entertainment.
The top fuel field has been nothing short of spectacular. The pro stock guys have been awesome, and most of the officials work harder than anyone here that is quick to criticize.
Most of all IHRA is fun.

Hey bobby you are right Top Fuel has been pretty good, but really it is the only class that has been. Pro Stock has not been that good as there has been full fields only once or twice, and they are not making the trek to edmonton again. They have more cash available to them than many of the Top Fuel teams (you included I am guessing) But I bet you and many of the lesser funded tf teams will be in Edmonton. I think what they (THE PRO STOCK TEAMS) are doing is dispicable.

If you were running a flopper (alky or nitro) you likely would not be as positive though.
My guess is you won't respond to my comments.

If you want to privately, my email is [email protected]

hey Dean we are thinking on sticking a blower on our car and do some IHRA kinda makes more sense as far as economics doing some research on what it will take thanks for info Bobby
guy

IHRA Top Fuel Payouts

#9 & #10 First Alternates - $3,000
1st Round Loser - $10,000
2nd Round Loser - $13,000
Runner-Up - $16,000
Winner - $23,000

The only mandatory run is Sat. night.

IHRA does not suck right now, the state of this entire country has affected most organizations that provide entertainment.
The top fuel field has been nothing short of spectacular. The pro stock guys have been awesome, and most of the officials work harder than anyone here that is quick to criticize.
Most of all IHRA is fun.

Bobby, I respect your opinion and I'm a fan of yours but I disagree. IHRA top fuel is the only class they have thats worth anything right now. Car counts are almost non-existent in some classes. No nitro funny cars, no alky cars. 5 to 8 pro mods, only 12 to 16 pro stockers, etc. Hell, they had under 20 cars in the sportsman classes the past 2 national events. Thats sad. I wouldnt pay money to go see an IHRA national event right now and I'm about as big a drag racing fan as there is.

Guy - from personal experience you will do a lot better financially with a blower on the car. I ran an A/F car when Rhonda started for 3 races, put a blower, bigger pump and clutch management on the car, ran IHRA mainly and made enough money to buy a new car and two motors the first year. Never looked back.

If you want/need help, I am available.

Justin - stop looking at the negatives. How many outlaw pro mods were there? IHRA puts on a good show and is well worth the price of a ticket.

It looks as though we might not be going to Edmonton. The only reason being we have huge match race in Epping NH, the week after. I am going to be racing against my brother, and we have a lot on the line, so I am afraid of driving 3,000 miles under the gun(no pun intended Mike). Our truck is old and has a lot of miles so I do not want to push it.
The pro stock guys not going was a mutual decision, even though the fields have been mostly full, they are still putting on a hell of a show.
It is a shame more pro-mods do not support IHRA, but you have some awesome cars in Kenny Lang & Ed Hoover, that are still following, there are more but they stand out in my mind.
I wish Nitro & Alcohol Funny Car was still here, but money being tight has hurt the whole deal. Maybe with the pro-mod field being short they can bring back an 8 car alcohol funny car show, and make it an 8 car pro-mod show?
Each organization has its struggles right now, so if we all can grin & bear it we might all be happy in the end.
Thanks,
Bobby Lagana Jr.

IHRA is the one of the best things that ever happen to our race team, i hope things turn around and they have us back. DCjr

thanks Virgil, may be calling have an automan injector on car now checking if all will work and how also checking on some blowers now

guy

Dale glad to see you will be in Edmonton. There will be four nitro funny cars there as well as a full field of tafc's

Dean

I like going to IHRA races ! I get that feeling I used to get at AHRA races in the 60's ! Lot's of fun !
I Also Miss Gary Densham flipping Burgers ! And Dale and the Fosters !

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back