Question on Shootouts (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
Does NHRA still pay a bonus for a driver who can double up like Beckman did this wekend? If not, they really should. It's obviously extremely tough to do, and it would really add to the hype of these specialty races, which I'm so glad we have.

It was never mentioned at the track, nor in the winners circle interview.

If memory serves me right it was Bud (or whoever sponsored) that put up the extra cash. Traxxas has already stepped up huge in their support, I'd hate to ask for more.

They ran 1 round of the 2000 Budweiser Shootout at the Finals, but the rest was rain delayed and postponed to the 2001 Winternationals. Gary Scelzi won the 2000 AAA of SoCal Finals, and then the conclusion of the Shootout at the 2001 Winters. However he didn't get the double up bonus because the "double up" was changed to winning the Shootout and Winters instead of the Finals. Darrell Russell won the 2001 Winters, and replaced Amato in the Shootout after Amato retired, but was runner up to Scelzi. He could have been the one to score the double.

They mentioned on TV that they used to pay a double up bonus. Sounded like it went away

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back