Question about Driver Entries (1 Viewer)

Shan

Nitro Member
I've recently been trying to pique my nephew's interest in drag racing. He's only seven, but I can already see he's going to need a direction to channel his energy and rambunctiousness in a few years. LOL! But that's a whole different chapter. :D But he asked me something recently that I had never even thought about before and didn't have any idea what the answer was.

Do the drivers/teams in any of the classes have to pay entry fees?

I've recently been trying to pique my nephew's interest in drag racing. He's only seven, but I can already see he's going to need a direction to channel his energy and rambunctiousness in a few years. LOL! But that's a whole different chapter. :D But he asked me something recently that I had never even thought about before and didn't have any idea what the answer was.

Do the drivers/teams in any of the classes have to pay entry fees?

I believed the top 10 in the pro categories as well as the champion don't have to pay for entry. A sportsman entry is typically 200 bucks plus 40 bucks insurance for a national event and 100 to 175 for a divisional event.
Bracket races run the board from 10 dollars to 2000 for the B&M million.

I believed the top 10 in the pro categories as well as the champion don't have to pay for entry. A sportsman entry is typically 200 bucks plus 40 bucks insurance for a national event and 100 to 175 for a divisional event.
Bracket races run the board from 10 dollars to 2000 for the B&M million.
Thanks, Jenn. If that's the way it is with the pros, I wonder if that now only applies to the top 8 in the classes?

Pro's dont pay any entry. Rest of us have to pay 210+ 40 for nat'l and 150 to 175 for Div. races. Sportsman also have to make grade points to be able to enter the Nat'l events. A minimum of 1 pt (you get one for ea.div), but there are quite a few races that have filled up by the time say a grade 2 could enter. They have a schedule to go by, that shows entry dates allowed for each grade point level you have.

Pick your fun....

Pro's dont pay any entry. Rest of us have to pay 210+ 40 for nat'l and 150 to 175 for Div. races. Sportsman also have to make grade points to be able to enter the Nat'l events. A minimum of 1 pt (you get one for ea.div), but there are quite a few races that have filled up by the time say a grade 2 could enter. They have a schedule to go by, that shows entry dates allowed for each grade point level you have.

Pick your fun....

Ummm...Kenny I can show you the receipts. I pay the same $250.00 plus $40.00 (Indy is an extra $50.00) and $75.00 for each extra ticket we need. I am not sure what the cut off is for only having to pay the Insurance (number of races).

I know those of us on limited schedules do have to pay unless some one has been lying to me???:eek:

I stand corrected. I had never known of anyone in PS,PSB, FC or TF having to do that. I havent had the Indy entry experience yet. Maybe the limited schedule, is the reason ? My hats off to ya, if you are the show, and still have to pay !

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back