Psm (1 Viewer)

superman

Nitro Member
So did Vance n Hines get slapped or are they holding back before the count down due to all the crying from Matt Smith? It seems gaige is off his game these past few weeks

So first it was the HD debacle, now this dominance. When it gets too obvious you have to lay low. Isn't V&H allowed their own body work which no one else can get??
Becoming PS Camaro quickly. If it was not for rich people wanting to play NHRA would of went away a long time ago.

To the sponsors' chagrin, I gave up watching that class because it is a foregone conclusion the same guy is going to win every event. I don't believe for a second they are suddenly off their game.

To the sponsors' chagrin, I gave up watching that class because it is a foregone conclusion the same guy is going to win every event. I don't believe for a second they are suddenly off their game.

There was a time when Prudhomme won almost every event in FC. Same for Bob Glidden, etc. What about Tony Schumacher in TF one year? They really dominated. But did the other competitors piss and moan like Matt Smith about those guys dominating? I don't recall that.

It seems like there is some nonsense going on. After being dominant for the last 18 months, Gaige's bike is down 4 mph from the best bike?? With a large lead in the points, I know it may be a good time in the season for them to test some new ideas, but 4 mph off? I don't think they magically lost their way. I remember reading that Matt Smith and Denso had a meeting with NHRA to discuss their involvement in the sport given the performance advantage by V&H. May be this performance drop off is a way of neutralizing that argument? Only they know for sure...

Matt Smith is a hard worker and does this for a living. His passion is respectable. He did lose me as a fan when he went into the whole hobby racer deal. Realistically he has more bikes on his team on race day so the progress via R&D could happen quicker.

Schultz and Angelle dominated the class for certain periods, I think it's something that happens in all forms of racing. Johnson and Petty in NASCAR, Schumacher in F1, Kinser and Schatz in WoO.

12 bike fields are embarassing for a 'pro' class. work the problem backwards and find out why riders are dropping out, then acknowledge the problem,
fix it as a class and hopefully get riders back, or ignore it and continue with dwindling class. IMO it's not MSR vs. V&H, it should be how are 16+ teams able
to buy and compete with competitive parts. not like there's any money to win in the class anyways.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back