Proof. Money Can buy you a championship (1 Viewer)

mastertone

Nitro Member
As in Tanner Gray, another reason I cannot stand pro stock. Too bad they cannot replace it with Factory Stock and Promod. Just alternate the 2 classes. 12 Races each, except at the US Nationals run both classes, both are so much more entertaining. I even find PS Bike more entertaining than pro stock any more. Flame away!

you dont think cars running over 200 plus mph within 2 thousands of each other banging 5 gears is exciting. besides it s probably going to be a lot different next year with the mountain motor yea Nitro is always going to be more exciting I think it is to I like it better but come on pro stock is pretty cool to ! I would like to see pro mod and fss at more events for same reasons as every body else. I always stay in the stands for pro stock after nitro the only thing I dont like about that is it gives me like no time to go in the pits. but cant complain about fox there awesome would like to see a little more pro stock.

disagree completely, say what u want about t. grey, but he's gettin' it done behind the wheel. he has outperformed the legendary kb juggernaut, he's overcome the sharpest drivers of the elite team (enders/jeg/nobile). yes money is required to be a player but the driver eventually needs to step up, in pro stock.

The cars are so close, the driver can win from anywhere they are qualified. Tanner has done a great job with his RT. He is a difference maker. I will be sad to see him go............

you dont think that cars running over 200 mph plus banging 5 gears within 2 thousands of each other is exiting yea nitro is always going to be more exciting i like nitro better. I would like to see more pro mod and fss for same reasons as every body else I always stay in the stands for pro stock and nitro the only downside to that is you dont have much time between rds to go in the pits but cant complian about all the live tv fox has givien us , NOT complaining but would like to see more pro stock. I promose if YOU try driving a pro stock just to get a license and not race that's all you could talk about is damn that was one fun ride!

This is an interesting discussion about what role money plays in winning a championship.

Pro Stock takes a pile of money to play the game and race and that's part of what is killing the class. It takes deep pockets to play and that means a very few get to play the game at the highest level!

Maybe when the class only has a few competitors left the N.H.R.A. will realize how crazy drag racing has become.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Sorry, and I mean this, I like factory stock and promod as much as nitro. And do not forget how close promod is going 3/4 of a second quicker than pro stock!

As in Tanner Gray, another reason I cannot stand pro stock.

I'm not going to flame you, but I will point out that money is only half the equation. If money were the only path to a championship, then explain to me why McGaha never got there, because make no mistake, that operation was the baddest in the land when he purchased it.

Tanner has the goods, like it or not. I have been vocal about some of his antics, but upon further review, it appears that an argument could be made that much of that could have very well been fabricated. As for his talent, what can you say? I would challenge anybody to find another driver that has taken to driving a Pro Stock car as quickly, much less as well as this kid. The guys setting the car up obviously know what the hell they're doing also, and when you couple that, and only when you couple that with money, do you get a championship caliber player.

Sean D

I even find PS Bike more entertaining than pro stock any more.

Pro Stock is boring but don't go that crazy. Nothing is worse than PSB.

In all seriousness, when was the last time money didn't buy a championship in the pro classes?

I'm not a TG15 fan, but would you feel the same way if Johnny was still driving and leading the points? I think that would be awesome. I don' think anybody would care then. You can't blame someone for being successful if they earned their money the right way.

Pro Stock vs Factory Stock is another entire can of worms. Be careful what you wish for. The money will still come to the front, and put the little guys out. This was the first year DSR put a car in the field for a full season, guess who won the championship and set all the records. 30+ cars in Gainesville, only 16 at the last race.

You seem to be saying "Money Alone" and you have essentially zero support for that claim. I don't agree with everything Tanner says and does (although he's cleaned up his act a ton lately) to not acknowledge that the kid has TONS of talent is idiotic.

PM and FSS are great classes, very fun to watch too.

Now if you want to argue that a low budget team CAN"T win a pro stock championship .... well that is as obvious as Tanner having tons of talent (and a developing level of maturity).

It takes money to race at any level. But the notion that he with the most money is going to win a championship is absurd!

As in Tanner Gray, another reason I cannot stand pro stock. Too bad they cannot replace it with Factory Stock and Promod. Just alternate the 2 classes. 12 Races each, except at the US Nationals run both classes, both are so much more entertaining. I even find PS Bike more entertaining than pro stock any more. Flame away!
Pro stock is great,I love it,psm ehh.
If you wanna talk about a class nobody wants to watch then get rid .90 cars at national events!!!!

Pro stock is great,I love it,psm ehh.
If you wanna talk about a class nobody wants to watch then get rid .90 cars at national events!!!!
Why? I think they are great a lot of these stars came from super comp
Langdon, force’s there one of my favorite sportsman category’s.

The common denominator between the number 1 and the number 2 in points that I see is that they are both young and really focused on their driving skills. How many races did they win on hole shots? I doubt that Elite or the Summit teams are hurting for cash either...but there can only be 1 champion at the end of the season.

Why? I think they are great a lot of these stars came from super comp
Langdon, force’s there one of my favorite sportsman category’s.
True sportsmans are without throttle delays and using footbrakes, not something like stupid gas taking off and dropping on its face right after the launch,for spectators its BORING. Think of a newcomer to the sport and like wth is wrong with these cars lol

True sportsmans are without throttle delays and using footbrakes, not something like stupid gas taking off and dropping on its face right after the launch,for spectators its BORING. Think of a newcomer to the sport and like wth is wrong with these cars lol
Maybe still run them but no throttle stops but still have .90 index

I loved the early days of super gas when they would slap the throttle on the top end! Boxes ruined it for me.

We had our best finish (semi's) at the Springnationals in Super Comp with a shifter-activated, high-gear stop. Left the line full tilt. We went to a box shortly after that and never could hit our a$$! Lmao!!

Sean D

I know I've bitched as much as anyone, but when I hear people say "NHRA should fix this" what would you have them do? The only thing I can suggest is make the cars look stock. But then the same guys with the same tuning talents are just winning in a different platform. Brand parity isn't going to happen because Ford and Mopar apparently don't care as much about P/S as we'd like to think. Can't blame the racers for racing what's winning. So what do you as a sanctioning body do? Smaller tire? Production engine? The guys will always find a way to win and they'll find more money to do it. Racing is now and has always been expensive, whether is horses, motorcycles, cars or airplanes. To say that Tanner Gray just won because of money isn't accurate, that kid can drive. Great car, great driver, great team. Gotta give them credit, they spent money where it counts and got it done. It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back