Promod racer Marc Caruso into the kitty litter (1 Viewer)

Maybe something more should be done before someone dies crashing into a mountain??

Marc did have a lower lumbar fracture in the crash. From what I understand the brakes failed as well.

Agreed. That was scary watching that car skip over the kitty litter & into the barrels. I've noticed quite a few times that at high speed, the kitty litter is almost useless. The tires don't dig into it at all. Could the sand trap be made longer & deeper, like what is used for runaway 18 wheelers.

As far as I could see that car had no brakes at all! Whoever was announcer at the time said he locked them up once, Bull! I watched the replay many times, there was not even a wisp of smoke at any time
in the shutdown area. and I do have 20/20 vision thanks to cataract surgery. The carbon fiber brakes on those cars should have stopped that car, maybe going into the gravel a little, but absolutely not both nets! Something went terribly wrong! That thing looked
like it was going 200 when it hit the gravel.

I talked to Marc’s dad Joe today (these guys live in my area) and Joe said total brake failure, in addition to the obvious chute failure. Still don’t know why they malfunctioned. But, it could have been a helluva lot worse considering how fast he was going,

Out of curiosity, has NHRA hired any expert to design the sand traps or is this just a matter of it's always the way it's been done?

Surely there is a better solution.

Out of curiosity, has NHRA hired any expert to design the sand traps or is this just a matter of it's always the way it's been done?

Surely there is a better solution.

Marc hit the trap at an extremely high rate of speed and got himself out of the car with minor injuries. How much of a better solution are you looking for? Traveling at that speed, you aren't going to have a trap that won't tear the car up. The traps were completely redone after Scott Kalitta's accident.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back