Pro Stock Downforce (1 Viewer)

Tom Slick

Nitro Member
So I was thinking about the lack of grip issue that Pro Stock has on occasion when the temperature drops, much like what happened a few weeks back in St. Louis. Inevitably PS got sketchy in the cold conditions and were forced to postpone. So my question is why doesn't the NHRA create a rule that states that when temperature, weather, grip conditions reaches a certain point, the PS teams are required to increase the cars downforce via wing angle or wicker bill? I understand that the increased downforce will slow the cars down slightly, but racing could continue.

What are your thoughts?

Makes sense to me they would all have the same amount of drag increase. So should still be even playing field, no?

Makes sense to me they would all have the same amount of drag increase. So should still be even playing field, no?
That's what I was thinking. I figure when temps drop to 60* they add X amount of wicker. When it drops to 50* they add more. But so long as it's the same for everyone, what would it matter? The race goes on.

What I read a few years ago, there's not enough room for the tires in the wheel tubs for the added down force from raising the wicker bill.

What I read a few years ago, there's not enough room for the tires in the wheel tubs for the added down force from raising the wicker bill.
I’m sure if they did away with the electric shocks, that drop the rear end during the run...they would have enough room 😉

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back