PRO: "Playing dead" (1 Viewer)

What would you have PRO do?.?... Go on STRIKE?

Looks like cooler heads prevailed. Bruton Smith is one of the few people willing to risk capital for the sport these days. We should encourage innovation and clever promotion.
(BTW: I'm not convinced 4-wide is the way to go but, it sure created BUZZ!)

For my money, I'd like to see a $100.000. (or $300K or more) special race on or about the same date. No points but, yes, a real circus 'kinda event.

Build more BUZZ - more money - more media RESPECT.

whatever, if there was serious money to be made in drag racing, they would all
agree to become a franchise or similar, but there's not and the team owners
and track owners that play are content to manage their own money and likewise for nhra..........
seems like there's just enough money turning
over and over that if you play your cards right, you can reep the rewards
without entering a partnership; hence some, but not a lot of
negative commentary between involved parties.

the stick and ball sports are what they are because they DO make
tons of money - the average knucklehead is drawn to them like stink
on.........it behooves them to organize for maximum profit.
it's just not there for drag racing sorry to say.

I just got through watching the SPEED channels show on Bill France jr.... pretty good insight into one mans version on how you make things grow and prosper.....

i love how he stated ... "no one man or track or company involved in our sport is bigger than the sport".... only things done for the long term growth is what he took on... thsi from the man that in the 90's told Dale Sr he would not be missed by the sport if he went to farming full time.... the sport was here before him and would continue after he was gone.... Also told Rick Hendrick he could go back to selling cars full time....lol....

Billy

Would love to see the look on NHRA brass' face if all the Pro's said our sponsors said screw NHRA, lets go IHRA racin'!!!! But WE all know that won't happen. Compton would **** his pants if they did. :eek:

Would love to see the look on NHRA brass' face if all the Pro's said our sponsors said screw NHRA, lets go IHRA racin'!!!! But WE all know that won't happen. Compton would **** his pants if they did. :eek:

Comments like this crack me up. The IHRA is dead ... it is a booked in show like Monster Trucks. The fuel cars make exhibition passes. It is NOT a viable alternative in any way.

It's kinda like the people who still think fuel cars can make money match racing LOL ...

Comments like this crack me up. The IHRA is dead ... it is a booked in show like Monster Trucks. The fuel cars make exhibition passes. It is NOT a viable alternative in any way.

It's kinda like the people who still think fuel cars can make money match racing LOL ...

It was kinda tongue in cheek. Guess it didn't come across that way.

What would you have PRO do?.?... Go on STRIKE?

Looks like cooler heads prevailed. Bruton Smith is one of the few people willing to risk capital for the sport these days. We should encourage innovation and clever promotion.
(BTW: I'm not convinced 4-wide is the way to go but, it sure created BUZZ!)

For my money, I'd like to see a $100.000. (or $300K or more) special race on or about the same date. No points but, yes, a real circus 'kinda event.

Build more BUZZ - more money - more media RESPECT.

Lindsey Lohan and Anna Nicole Smith create(d) alot of buzz too, doesn't mean its a good thing.

guaranteed Burks rant was before Capps story at Comp Plus. (if it wasn't then he looks really dumb). If you read that they you realize the reasons that Pro back tracked and well they should have. They voted on the deal originally when not enough thought process was put into their decision. Pro made the right decision to get on board, and Burk looks like a sh...t disturber for his editorial. It was a reactive editorial without looking at the whole picture or not having all the facts.

Dean

guaranteed Burks rant was before Capps story at Comp Plus. (if it wasn't then he looks really dumb). If you read that they you realize the reasons that Pro back tracked and well they should have. They voted on the deal originally when not enough thought process was put into their decision. Pro made the right decision to get on board, and Burk looks like a sh...t disturber for his editorial. It was a reactive editorial without looking at the whole picture or not having all the facts.

Dean

Dean, I was unaware of the Ron Capps commentary on Comp plus till you mentioned it! Good read, glad they won't make Vegas 4-wide!

Dean
Great post Dean............

Dean

Dean,

If you have an issue with the Editorial Burk wrote, the the more professional way for your **** disturbing response is to write [email protected] rather than assuming he would read Nitromater, which he doesn't - or Competition + which he does not read either.

Now back to your regularly scheduled dead horse beating.

Darr Hawthorne

I am sure I have read his editorials and other racing web sites has been mentioned before. Also there has been comments by him on internet message board chatter. Where does he read if not those two.

I would think he is always checking out the competition. If he isn't he is likely the only business owner who does not know what his competition is doing.

All that being said Darr, if he still sticks by his story if, he is very going to look very............... (place whatever words you want there) after Capps story.

I think I will email him. Cause his story is retarded.

He doesn't need you to speak for him either.

Dean

All that being said Darr, if he still sticks by his story if, he is very going to look very............... (place whatever words you want there) after Capps story.

I think I will email him. Cause his story is retarded. He doesn't need you to speak for him either.

Dean

Wow Dean,

I have never, ever spoken for Jeff Burk.

I believed that you had a web presence of some kind and thought you to be a professional... my mistake. I was simply pointing out that if you needed to reach Burk to make your pithy, grandstanding comments - Nitromater was not the channel, he doesn't go to nor read Nitromater unless a reader forwards something.

Have a nice day.

Darr

Last edited:
Darr, don't worry yourself about issues that you are not a part of.

Burk emailed me and stated his point and a replied. Let the professionals deal with it

Dean

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back