Pro Mod Crashes (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
Adam Flamholc's crash was brutal. So was Tim Tindle's at Indy. These cars are really volatile, and I love 'em, but I'm wondering if the combination of the crazy power they're making, the lack of downforce, and the mandatory rear suspension is just becoming too evil?

You just can't drive with these cars out of the groove. Most of the crashes the cars are out of the groove and the run is not aborted soon enough. It's kinda like russian roulette. If you run it out of the groove, you might make it more often then not, but it's going to bite you every so often.

Last edited:
Have you noticed all the crashes they have had on the 1/8 mile tracks the past 2-3 years?

Joe is that sarcasam?.. cant tell....lol.. I know at DRAGSTOCK we only had one car hit the wall...

Kind if agree with Paul... you have a car with very low downforce like a PS car.. with almost twice the horse power and things happen quick... one driver told me who had seat time in NFC and PM.. and he said.. you don't want to give up on a decent run just because your moving around a bit..but you cant yank the wheel like in w FC either.. some times ya save it... some times ya don't....

Pro mods still use rack and pinion steering right? that must be pretty quick reacting if something goes wrong.

You just can't drive with these cars out of the groove. Most of the crashes the cars are out of the groove and the run is not aborted soon enough.
Yep. See it all the time on YouTube with small tire cars, outlaws, etc. They stay in it too long or pedal it with one tire out of the groove and the next thing you know it's in the wall. Some of these guys need to learn that the gas pedal works both directions.

Even the runs without crashes are usually entertaining to watch. If NHRA gave even a little attention to the awesome class on their ESPN News (lol) broadcasts I can't imagine how it wouldnt quickly become a mainstream fan favorite. But that would spell the demise of pro stock so basically its never gonna happen...

Even the runs without crashes are usually entertaining to watch. If NHRA gave even a little attention to the awesome class on their ESPN News (lol) broadcasts I can't imagine how it wouldnt quickly become a mainstream fan favorite. But that would spell the demise of pro stock so basically its never gonna happen...

^^^yup...^^^

Running classes that people like to watch is not a priority. That's what happens when the people in charge don't know why people come to a drag race, because they aren't race fans themselves. If they were, the next pair after the first round of TF dragster and TF funny car would be the first round of fuel altered.

Check this out...

Johnny West AA/FA at OCIR in 1981, takes out the finish line lights/YouTube

Last edited:
Running classes that people like to watch is not a priority. That's what happens when the people in charge don't know why people come to a drag race, because they aren't race fans themselves. If they were, the next pair after the first round of TF dragster and TF funny car would be the first round of fuel altered.

Check this out...

Johnny West AA/FA at OCIR in 1981, takes out the finish line lights/YouTube

If the show was a priority, Top Fuel Bikes would replace PS bikes.

I wonder why the Pro Mods don't have any side boards so to speak , like Alcohol Funny Car ----- the air coming over the rear of the car starts switching sides---- when the cars aren't pointed straight anymore ---the **** hits the fan -----

Pro mods still use rack and pinion steering right? that must be pretty quick reacting if something goes wrong.

I don't have a Pro Mod but I guarantee my Flaming River Pro Steering Box on my track car has saved my azz a few times .
There is a natural tendency to over steer cause its done by instinct .
When I race the Vette with factory steering and it gets loose I have a tendency to over steer . The Monte Carlo it works fine long as the wheels are touching the ground . LOL

About 2 years ago I spoke with Von Smith about the differences between PM and Alky FC, he said in FC you throwing that Butterfly back and forth 90 degrees all during the run. In Pro mod you have to Nurse that steering wheel, took him several runs to get used to the difference!

my two favorite classes are NFC and PM.. NFC is like King Kong... big mean and nasty.. and could do a lot of damage if it wanted to.... PM... like a tit-mouse on CRACK... you never know where or how they are gonna go or end up....lol

I'm on board 100% with everyone's comments on PM... So awesome to watch, so disappointed they don't run the whole tour. So confused why they're not run everywhere or covered on TV despite being so popular.

my two favorite classes are NFC and PM.. NFC is like King Kong... big mean and nasty.. and could do a lot of damage if it wanted to.... PM... like a tit-mouse on CRACK... you never know where or how they are gonna go or end up....lol

NFC is like King Kong? LOL....They cant even run with Alky FC's!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back