Prayers Needed (1 Viewer)

Nate

Nitro Member
I found out this morning that a friend of mine Wayne Hutton who races in Comp and Super Gas was involved in a nasty crash in his Super Gas Baracuda at the Div. 2 race in Reynolds Ga. The word I got was he lost his brakes and ran off the end of the track and rolled the car several times. His injuries are pretty bad and include a broken ankle, several cracked vertabrae, and some facial fractures. Please keep Wayne and his family in your thoughts. Thanks

Hope he's okay

I hope he's going to be okay. That sounds like a really nasty crash. That's the second one we've had today in drag racing (the other was at Pomona, where the driver was transported to the hospital). I can only hope that the safety devices in place did their jobs.

Wayne is in intensive care and probably will be for a while. I talked to his son Scott this morning and they are planning on operating on his neck/back to remove some bone fragments from the broken vertabrae on Wednesday. Thank God that he can still move all his limbs. He will have a long recovery ahead of him but he has a great support system of family and friends. Thanks for your thoughts everyone.

Wayne is in intensive care and probably will be for a while. I talked to his son Scott this morning and they are planning on operating on his neck/back to remove some bone fragments from the broken vertabrae on Wednesday. Thank God that he can still move all his limbs. He will have a long recovery ahead of him but he has a great support system of family and friends. Thanks for your thoughts everyone.
Having movement of his extremities is good to hear.

I'm really upset at the news of Wayne's crash but am happy to hear that he has movement in his arms and legs as the news could have been much worse, I suppose.

Wayne and Scott are two of the nicest people I know in drag racing. I was pleased to work with them a few years back and remember their great attitude, friendliness, and will to race.

My thoughts and prayers are with Wayne and his family along with my sincere hopes for a speedy and complete recovery.

Yesterday must have been "wreck day" or something. At Houston Raceway yesterday we had a dragster crash pretty bad and then had a super pro car run off the end of the track. Guess there's a first time for everything! Glad all the drivers are fine and going to recover.

Wayne's son Scott posted this on the compForum in respsonse to a question from Vinnie Barone

Vinnie
He is going into surgurey at noon today to repair his back and neck. he is in serious but stable condition. We should know more after this afternoons operation. His injuries include a broken vert in his neck and back, broken right leg at the ankle,broken tail bone and several small bones around his eye socket and cheek.
The pivot rod on the brake pedal fell out. So he had no brakes at all.What everyone heard at the track was him trying to stop the car with the transmission.
Thanks
Scot

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back