Possible NHRA TBA track 2024 (1 Viewer)

CoBro1997

Nitro Member
Flying H just released their schedule for 2024 and the date that NHRA has marked TBA on their schedule July 12-14, Flying H has Points Bracket racing on schedule for that weekend. Any thoughts on what track could take that date on the National schedule?

Attachments

• Schedule.png
    Schedule.png
    288 KB · Views: 76
Comments on the track FB page;

Mark Griffey - No national NHRA event in 24?

Flying H Drag Strip - Mark Griffey, We are looking at options for a National Event in 2025. We have the Div 5 Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series this year in June.

Wish i was closer,all the tracks around here are qtr mile but all they usually race is 8th mile,nothing like going to a qtr mile nhra national event track to race 8th mile....

Still holding out hope that Bandimere gets another year. Nothing points to that happening outside or some rumors here and there. I would guess a fallback option could be Indianapolis. I’m guessing that Flying H wouldn‘t quite be ready for that size of an event by July.

Still holding out hope that Bandimere gets another year. Nothing points to that happening outside or some rumors here and there. I would guess a fallback option could be Indianapolis. I’m guessing that Flying H wouldn‘t quite be ready for that size of an event by July.
I wonder how long it's going to take to replace the tower at Indy. It was tore down this week, no idea what the timeline is going to be.

I thought I heard a rumor last year that RAD Torque raceway in Edmonton was possibly being looked at for a race. If Denver does not hold a race this year, could this fill the TBA?

I just sold a truck to a man - former WOO sprint car driver and drag racing fan - who lives just north of Kansas City. He tells me the Flying H is set to open in April and the plan is for it to be ready to hold NHRA's July national event. Guess we'll see.

I thought I heard a rumor last year that RAD Torque raceway in Edmonton was possibly being looked at for a race. If Denver does not hold a race this year, could this fill the TBA?
Far too many NHRA crew members with DUI's that wouldn't be allowed into Canada would make that hard for teams to staff for.
WAY too many crew members with DUI's who'd be denied access to Canada for us to ever race there.... :( #brownsburgproblems

Two issues.
1) track surface needs redone unless it has been since the last time I was there. You could jump on one side of a pad and the other side pivoted up. Yes I am that fat. Secondly there were grooves deep enough to run a pine wood derby contest if there was enough downward slope.

2) More paved pit space. There probably is enough pit room but it definitely needs more paved space if an NHRA national event is stopping in to say hello.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back