Popular Hot Rodding gone !!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Question is which magazine is next to be out of business?

Well, here's all the other titles that went away at the same time the decision was made to do away with Popular Hot Rodding......

"On May 29, 2014 Source Interlink Companies announced that it changed its name change to "TEN: The Enthusiast Network" and that it would cease production of numerous automotive titles as part of the company's name change. These titles include Popular Hot Rodding, Rod & Custom, High Performance Pontiac, Custom Classic Trucks, 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility, Mud Life, 5.0 Mustangs and Super Fords, Modified Mustangs & Fords, Camaro Performers, GM High-Tech Performance, Import Tuner, and Honda Tuning."

Hopefully they can keep something going online...... Print is unfortunataly on it's way out.... Hard to beat paperback when your on the toilet.....

I hate getting older because sometimes I really don't like the changes I see coming.

I must admit I love my computer and how it opened the world to me while sitting in my office but then I think about what the computer and the internet did to local libraries and other things and I realize that with progress sometimes comes the unintended consequences of change.

Watching print media in all forms die a slow death is not easy but it appears that is exactly whats happening.

Years ago I had a 85 page catalog but once I created my first website I could see the hand writing on the wall that the day's of printing new catalogs every year would be over soon.

I bought my first computer in late 1994 and at the time I could not even figure out how to turn it on let alone use it. Today I could not run a business without it!!!!

Today I watch my grand children as young as three years old playing video games on the computer without even realizing at their age that they are learning programing by making the video game do what they want it to do.

Times are changing and it is very important to try and keep up with all the changes or risk living in a world that you know very little about.

Many of the car guys I know won't use a computer because they tell me it's to hard to learn but I always ask them if they use an ATM machine at the bank and many say sure why?

I tell them each time you use the ATM you are programing it to do what you want it to do and that is about how simple a computer is.

Just my opinion. Jimbo

http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

I did some research and any issues left on your subscription(s) are going to be transferred over to Motor Trend...

If you're a gearhead, there's truly more on the internet than you could ever digest. But, it will be a sad day when there are no more print mags. I get each issue of the remaining hard-core drag racing mags, like National Dragster, Drag Racer, etc., along with Hot Rod, which is THE best all around gearhead mag going. IMO, they are all a great bang for the buck, and certainly a pleasant surprise when grabbing a stack of bills from the mailbox. :D

If you're a gearhead, there's truly more on the internet than you could ever digest. But, it will be a sad day when there are no more print mags. I get each issue of the remaining hard-core drag racing mags, like National Dragster, Drag Racer, etc., along with Hot Rod, which is THE best all around gearhead mag going. IMO, they are all a great bang for the buck, and certainly a pleasant surprise when grabbing a stack of bills from the mailbox. :D

Drag Illustrated is the most hard core drag race publication

I did some research and any issues left on your subscription(s) are going to be transferred over to Motor Trend...

Now I am really not happy knowing that Motor Trend is what they will be sending. Would have been nice if they offered a little more of a choice for their readers!!!!!!!!!

Way back in the 80's I had a subscription for a magazine and I even forget what the name was but they also went out of business and I started receiving their replacement magazine was about Midgets & Mini Sprints and I really started getting interested in trying racing a Mini Sprint.

Who know maybe Motor Trend just may also find a following this same way.

Jimbo

http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Well, here's all the other titles that went away at the same time the decision was made to do away with Popular Hot Rodding......

"On May 29, 2014 Source Interlink Companies announced that it changed its name change to "TEN: The Enthusiast Network" and that it would cease production of numerous automotive titles as part of the company's name change. These titles include Popular Hot Rodding, Rod & Custom, High Performance Pontiac, Custom Classic Trucks, 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility, Mud Life, 5.0 Mustangs and Super Fords, Modified Mustangs & Fords, Camaro Performers, GM High-Tech Performance, Import Tuner, and Honda Tuning."

All of which 7/11 stopped carrying about a year or more ago, at least locally... heck I haven't been in 7/11 in almost three months... they don't have anything I want or need any more...

R&C was really close to Street Rodder in content, but the "Jewels from the Archive" feature was worth the subscription price. Popular Hot Rodding featured the "Engine Masters" which proved its value...I hope these are continued in The Enthusiast Network.

I hate to see the magazines go too but newspapers and magazines are less important with the internet. It's a trade off, all the sudden we can be our own publishers which we could never be before. If I could go back to the 70's I would but since I can't the internet is a good trade off!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back