Pomona Alky (2 Viewers)

Cliff

Nitro Member
Looking at Q1 for both classes. T/AD #1 is Shawn Cowie, with a monster 5.166 280.25. Only 12 cars made runs, which I think is pretty much the whole field. #1 TA/FC is Doug Gordon, with a nice 5.444 270.54. Only 10 cars made runs. Some good runs & busted runs for both classes, with F/C seeming to have a bit more trouble. Still, some really good cars in both classes, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Cliff, I was following on NHRA Live Timing. With some of the Alcohol passes today, tomorrow sets up for some great e.t.'s and speeds.

A/FD Top 4
Cowie 5.166/280.25
Sackman 5.181/276.52
Bateman 5.220/275.73
Nataas 5.223/2811.13

TA/FC
Gordon 5.444/270.54
Leanders 5.476/266.44
Westerfield 5.479/271.02
Hough 5.493/267.64

Man, there used to be SO many alky cars... such a bummer, same as Comp. These classes are just pricing themselves into extinction.

Cowie's run was BOSS. Damn! What's the air like out there??

Love Cowie, love his story. It's awesome to see him run so good.

Sean D

When Cowie ran that 5.16 he was alongside T/AD Champ Joey Severance, who broke. Man that could have been the quickest & fastest side by side, cuz both of those cars are capable of 5.15 or quicker. Both have been over 280. It would be worth the price of admission to see those two run a 2 out of 3 at a track with really good air. Hope we see some killer runs today.

I am keeping an eye on Matt Sackman. He is driving a good car & he can win. His brother runs T/D and he is a winner also. And Julie Nataas. She is a win waiting to happen. Two strong injected nitro cars.

When Cowie ran that 5.16 he was alongside T/AD Champ Joey Severance, who broke. Man that could have been the quickest & fastest side by side, cuz both of those cars are capable of 5.15 or quicker. Both have been over 280. It would be worth the price of admission to see those two run a 2 out of 3 at a track with really good air. Hope we see some killer runs today.

I am keeping an eye on Matt Sackman. He is driving a good car & he can win. His brother runs T/D and he is a winner also. And Julie Nataas. She is a win waiting to happen. Two strong injected nitro cars.
My buddy Randy has a good tune up this weekend possible 1 and 2 after last qualifying

When Cowie ran that 5.16 he was alongside T/AD Champ Joey Severance, who broke. Man that could have been the quickest & fastest side by side, cuz both of those cars are capable of 5.15 or quicker. Both have been over 280. It would be worth the price of admission to see those two run a 2 out of 3 at a track with really good air.

That's too bad Joey broke. That would've been one helluva lap to witness.

And I would definitely go to a track to watch those guys match race. The two best blown cars, piloted by 2 top-notch, very humble drivers. Love 'em both.

Sean D

b. hough with a 5.39. wow....... jonnie lindberg helps this team if memory is correct?

Q2 wasn't much fun for either class. But, Q3 on Sat and let's see what happens. Am impressed with Brian Hough 5.39. That is quick!

using shawn and joeys 1000 ft. times, where would they be qualified in T/F right now and i wonder how they would stack up in T/F qualifying?

Shawn's best 1000' time is 4.365, which would put him #12 in T/F. Joey's best 1000' time is 4.456 which would put him #13. Only 14 cars have made runs in T/F so far, so this would made the field 16 cars. Too bad they won't allow alky or A/FD to try to Q for T/F. I once saw Dale Armstrong in the Alcoholic BB/FC at OCIR. He & another alky car actually qualified for a nitro F/C show. I think Armstrong won the 1st round. It was a hot day, & the nitro cars were slower, didn't affect the alky cars.

Just realized that the alky classes will not get Q3. Schedule says they will run Round 1 Elims this afternoon. Ratz!

Q3 is scheduled for 11 AM, but it is currently raining so I would not be surprised if it gets cancelled.

Alan

Shawn Cowie means business this season. Just ran 5.151, the quickest-ever blown alcohol run.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back