Please remember Maynard this weekend, too (1 Viewer)

BaldyLochs

Nitro Member
While we will be trying to get through this weekend without Eric, I can't let Houston pass by without paying respects to an old friend, Chuck Etchells' former Crew Chief Maynard Yingst - who sadly and unexpectedly collapsed in the pits and died from a brain annuerism several years ago at HRP.
Maynard also tuned Bruce Larson to a Winston world FC title - and even before drag racing he was better known as the Leetsdale Leadfoot..... and he was an icon on the sprint car circut. Love ya' Maynard RIP my buddy - we'll be thinking of ya!

Last edited:
Chris,

I second those sentiments. Definitely miss Maynard, he was one of the good ones. I remember spending a very casual evening chatting with him at the hotel lounge in Bakersfield one evening during the PRO Warm-Ups.

Bright, funny, down to earth...

Maybe Maynard's gonna wrench for Eric. That drag strip in the sky is getting a bit crowded.

Mitch

Me three...Maynard and I shared a love for sprint cars and that common bond made it easy for me to learn a lot from him while he was learning a lot about drag racing from Tim Richards. We lost one of the best fuel crew chiefs in drag racing when Maynard was taken from us way too soon, but we also lost one of drag racing's "good guys." RIP, Maynard, I miss ya, Buddy.

Maynard Yingst, one hell of a Crew Cheif and one hell of a Sprint Car racer. I never did meet Maynard but I had the pleasure of watching him race on a weekly basis at Williams Grove Speedway. RIP Maynard you are dearly missed.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back