Please read if you dvr the races (1 Viewer)

Joker

Nitro Member
If you dvr the race or record it somehow, please read. Im anal so i always make sure the dvr is set to record the races even though they have all year. My wife thinks i'm nuts.

Anyways, today i check and thank god b/c none of them for this weekend are set to tape. Apparently the title got changed from "drag racing" to "nhra drag racing". I have dish network. So just thought i'd tell everyone to check incase your not going to be home and not get the race recorded.

I'm with Dish too and had already double checked also. Crazy. Thanks for the heads up though.

If you dvr the race or record it somehow, please read. Im anal so i always make sure the dvr is set to record the races even though they have all year. My wife thinks i'm nuts.

Anyways, today i check and thank god b/c none of them for this weekend are set to tape. Apparently the title got changed from "drag racing" to "nhra drag racing". I have dish network. So just thought i'd tell everyone to check incase your not going to be home and not get the race recorded.

I always check and set the timer for racing to record 1.5 hrs over the scheduled time ..just in case it gets bumped for a gum chewing contest...

Wait, WAIT! You can Not record anything Without the express written permission of NHRA. I heard the annoucement several times at Zmax this weekend.:)

Hey, Justin! I had the same experience, and wanted to share it with all the maters, but I was too dense to check to see if anyone had posted before I posted mine.....I'll delete my thread because yours seems to do the job just fine!

I saw that this morning, good thing it was suppost to be on at 10:00, I caught it at 10:45. Skipped tonight too. Changed search options so should work now.

I always check and set the timer for racing to record 1.5 hrs over the scheduled time ..just in case it gets bumped for a gum chewing contest...

wait a minute the gum chewing contest is on?????? is it the guys or girls? Cuz those toothless gum chewing girls are hotttt!!!!!!:D

*I am all hopped up on cold medicine and cannot be held accountable for any ramblings today lol*

Thanks for the tip.

I watched the whole thing on ESPN3 (with Audiocast for the audio) but realized too late that neither NHRA Today (or whatever it's called now) nor the finals had recorded.

I thought my Comcast DVR screwed up.

No problem with DirecTV. Everything still records fine.

Thanks for the heads up Justin ... have Cox Cable here in Vegas and they had also changed the title, and my DVR would not have recorded had you not given the heads up!!

My DirecTV recorded the Qualifying show twice. WTF? How is that even possible? LOL

Me too. It was listed twice in the to-do list, and it recorded it twice. Must've been a double listing in the program listing. And your DTV box has two receivers so that you can record something and watch something else. In this case, they were both recording the same show.

Me too. It was listed twice in the to-do list, and it recorded it twice. Must've been a double listing in the program listing. And your DTV box has two receivers so that you can record something and watch something else. In this case, they were both recording the same show.

Whew! At least I know I wasn't losing it.....this time. ;)

My Comcast DVR won't allow a series recording for Drag Racing, NHRA, NHRA Drag Racing or any other variant. That's why I pay the big bucks for Comcast - the great service.
Cheers,
Ed
Rocky Mountain Superchargers

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back