Please help save this dog (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
Here is the story of Forrest, as told to me in an email from a friend who rescues dogs......

A young man named Chris has a dog who is beloved to him named Forrest. Chris and his dog live in Adams County which is adjacent to Denver. Forrest dug out of his kennel and was picked up in July by Denver's Animal Control who deemed him to be a Pit Bull-type dog, which are banned in Denver. Chris has a hearing on Wednesday after which, Forrest may be killed by Animal Control, even though Chris and his dog DO NOT LIVE IN THE CITY OF DENVER.

Chris has called around to various people in and around Denver trying to get help. He cannot even talk about his dog without tears spilling from his eyes. He's panicked that they might kill his dog just because he looks like he might be a Pit Bull. He was scheduled to move to Ft. Collins, Colorado, which is an hour and a half away from Denver, but is waiting to see what happens with Forrest. If he gets his dog back, the dog will never come anywhere near the city of Denver again. Please help persuade the city to give Chris back his dog.

He visits Forrest at the shelter every time he can and brings him treats. The shelter volunteers that are caring for Forrest have reported that he is a great, happy dog! Forrest has not bitten anyone. He is not a bad dog. He just looks like a Pit Bull. And get this...The last time Chris was there, he said he was overcome with grief at seeing his dog there and he started crying. He said that an administrator at the shelter looked at him and laughed. She laughed! Are the people of Denver so heartless that they laugh at the grief of people who might lose their dogs? This is the city that is so proud to host the Democratic National Convention in a couple weeks.

Step one:

Contact Mayor John Hickenlooper: [email protected]

Please call these phone numbers to reach the Mayor and his staff:

303-206-4507
720-865-9090
720-865-9016
720-913-1311

PLEASE be respectful and polite when asking for the Mayor's help to have Forrest released to his owner.

Step Two

Contact City Council members and people in Animal Control..

Take a deep breath and do not bash anyone!

People listen to sincere requests and ignore angry demands.

Cut and paste these email addresses:

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],
[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

My Lettter to Denver

Dear Mayor Hickenlooper and Denver City Officials:

Bad news travels fast and I feel obligated to speak out on behalf of a dog named Forrest, belonging to a young man named Chris. Since Chris and Forrest reside outside your city limits in Adams County, and to my knowledge this dog has not harmed anyone, please do the right thing and release this innocent dog to his rightful owner.

Furthermore, I understand that Chris has no ties to Denver and in fact is planning a move to Ft. Collins, Colorado, which is an hour and a half away from Denver. If for some unknown reason, the city of Denver is not willing to release this dog to his owner, I have contacts in California, myself included, that will adopt this dog to prevent another unnecessary death and tragic ending.

In closing, I would like to add that I am a veterinarian in California with a practice in Brea. You can visit my website: Founders Veterinary Clinic - Full service holistic veterinarians in Brea, CA serving Orange county La Habra Fullerton Placentia Yorba Linda Anaheim Diamond Bar Rowland Heights La Mirada Chino or call me at my office directly (714) 990-0661 for any further information you may require.

I await your relpy.

Sincerely,

Paula Terifaj DVM

Reality check: Forrest could be killed as early as this Wednesday, August 13. There is no time to spare. Speak up NOW.

Last edited:
Could somebody please keep us updated as to what happens? I REALLY hate to see somebody lose their pet. MJ

Could somebody please keep us updated as to what happens? I REALLY hate to see somebody lose their pet. MJ

I'm trying to reach the vet in California who originally sent out this call for help.

I am an animal lover and I have an email distribution list for others such as myself, to whom I send animal stuff. Occasionally I get a 'please adopt this pet'. A couple of months ago, I got such a request which I passed on to the list. It was for Lola, a beautiful black and white Pit, 1 year old. The do is sweet and loving and playful and all the things which Pits were known for before 'humans' began to resurrect dog fighting.

Long story short. One potential adopter backed out when their family told them they would no longer visit them if the adopted a Lola. Then it looked like we found the perfect forever home. An application was filled out, and a home inspection was done and the woman picked up Lola and all was going well. Unfortunately, whoever did the home interview, neglected to interview everyone who would have regular contact with Lola. One day the woman's son stormed into the house and Lola started barking at him and she wouldn't stop. Turns out the son didn't want his mother to take Lola, and I guess he projected that energy to the dog. So, back to the foster home she went, where she has been a perfect lady with the 3 resident dogs, two cats, two horses, 29 goats, a teen ager, grand parents, and male and female friends entering the house.

It disgusts me that a minority of people have made pits into the forbidden breed. Through all of this, I've come into contact with many Pit owners, who have owned them repeatedly, and never had a problem with their animals. I would adopt Lola myself, if I were capable of giving her the exercise she needs, which at this point, I am unable to provide.

Now, if a dog even LOOKS like a Pitty, they can be put to death in the city of Denver. Very sad.

And, before anyone brings up the vicious and sometimes deadly attacks that have happened against children and adults and other animals, I am well aware of those heartbreaking instances, and my heart breaks for all involved with them.

Doberman's used to have a similar reputation because of greedy and bad breeders. I adopted a 2 year old red Dobe some time ago, and he was without a doubt, the best dog I ever owned. In fact, he was a wimp. Had to be touching me at all times. Sat with his butt on my shoulder in my big chair while I read the papers. I was blessed to have Ty for another 11 . years. If I am ever free enough from pain to be able to be able to provide an animal with the proper amount of exercise, I hope to be able to find another Dobe.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back