Pit Pass? (2 Viewers)

I was at most of the races at US 30 back then and saw most of those cars. What a great way to grow up... every wed night 8-20 Funnys and sometimes on friday and sunday too. I think I got that link from someone here.....

Keith, I was told at U.S. 30 you didn't want to let on how quick your car was. Otherwise someone might lose money on you via a bet! I heard some racers had their rigs shot at!

Keith, I was told at U.S. 30 you didn't want to let on how quick your car was. Otherwise someone might lose money on you via a bet! I heard some racers had their rigs shot at!
I never let my parents know about the guns and the betting....but I did make some money as an advisor to some of the guys out there. It was a little rough and primative with today's standards but it was an awesome place to grow up...... I'd love to go back!

Gee, I was surprised the first time I went to a National Event and was Not charged for a pit pass...

show of hands, how many here owned white pants, was a requirement to get into the pits a few years ago... and who remembers having to sign a release to even get into the pits, after paying for the pit pass? $2.00 in 1969 money is How much today? try 10 gallons of gas, or a carton of cigs, or, a family of 6 to mickey d's...

d'kid

I can still remember when women weren't allowed into the pits!! :eek:

White pants - check
signed releases - check
cigs - negative
$2.00 in '69 - priceless :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back