Pit Pass? (1 Viewer)

The original LED win lights above the ET Boards are still there. On Friday night we installed a row of 5 Hallagon Flood lights below the MPH Boards if you missed them your wernt looking at the boards very close, almost had to take some out they were too bright.

Note to self: Don't go to Dallas.

Pay for a pit pass....sheesh.

Hmmmm... Pay for a pit pass? You mean that any track that charges you for that privilage must suck? :rolleyes:

OldTix.jpg

For those of you with eyes like mine, yes, that is a $2.00 ticket for a nitro event at National Speedway...

Last edited:
Too true, but I think it's awesome that Meyer has offered an option to families on a budget.

The original LED win lights above the ET Boards are still there. On Friday night we installed a row of 5 Hallagon Flood lights below the MPH Boards if you missed them your wernt looking at the boards very close, almost had to take some out they were too bright.

You are probably right,I didn't see the lights below the MPH board. I kept looking @ the lights @ the top,so I guess that famous quote is appropriate now.

"I can't see the forest for the trees"

That seems kind of dirty. Isn't one of the main selling points of NHRA drag racing is that EVERY ticket is a pit pass?

Sometimes, you have to make sacrifices and compromise when you are trying to make ends meet AND provide non-essentials to a household.

The Motorplex offers the ability to take you and/or your family to the track at a cheaper rate by selling tickets w/o a pit pass. The price WITH a pit pass is no more than most tracks that include them automatically.

It provides a cheaper alternative to those who would like to go watch the cars AND can sacrifice going into the pits. Maybe they can use that money elsewhere?

That seems kind of dirty. Isn't one of the main selling points of NHRA drag racing is that EVERY ticket is a pit pass?

When you think about how the NHRA markets that very point, you may initially think it's dirty. However, if you ask some folks that took advantage of that this past weekend, you would probably hear something different. Like Kelly said, I'm sure there were many folks that were more than happy to save the extra $18, jet still be able to enjoy the most awesome show on earth. They were probably just happy to be there.

The problem with most of us is that we've been spoiled all these years being able to go to this show and have the access we have to the cars and drivers. However, when it comes right down to it and things were really tight, I would pay less to see the show and sacrifice going to the pits in a heartbeat. Even without pit access, it's a sensory overload/experience that simply cannot be matched by anything else in the world.

Sean D

Gee, I was surprised the first time I went to a National Event and was Not charged for a pit pass...

show of hands, how many here owned white pants, was a requirement to get into the pits a few years ago... and who remembers having to sign a release to even get into the pits, after paying for the pit pass? $2.00 in 1969 money is How much today? try 10 gallons of gas, or a carton of cigs, or, a family of 6 to mickey d's...

d'kid

Gee, I was surprised the first time I went to a National Event and was Not charged for a pit pass...

show of hands, how many here owned white pants, was a requirement to get into the pits a few years ago... and who remembers having to sign a release to even get into the pits, after paying for the pit pass? $2.00 in 1969 money is How much today? try 10 gallons of gas, or a carton of cigs, or, a family of 6 to mickey d's...

d'kid
Coca Cola pants count?

When you think about how the NHRA markets that very point, you may initially think it's dirty. However, if you ask some folks that took advantage of that this past weekend, you would probably hear something different. Like Kelly said, I'm sure there were many folks that were more than happy to save the extra $18, jet still be able to enjoy the most awesome show on earth. They were probably just happy to be there.
Sean D

Well, I've never been to the Texas track before so I really don’t know the situation. Only been to thee drag races in my life - the last three U.S. Nationals.

I can say this - I was at the inaugural U.S. MotoGP race on Sunday and don’t believe there was any access to the pits. I was at all the F1 races at Indy except the first and there was no pit access except on Thursday when they had a walk by. After going to the U.S. Nationals and getting to walk thru the pits and see them working on the cars and look inside their semi trailers, something is missing when you go to events that do not allow access to the pits. If only I could get invited into one of those trailers and get a little tour!

I was going to put a sign in my front yard 'WILL WORK FOR NHRA DRAG RACING TICKETS' but I thought it might be tacky next to my other sign.....

FEMA: SEND BEER!

My only question is..... Did the pit's seem less congested ?
I know in my early years the pit's were much less crowded when you had to pay for pit passes.

ROTFLMAO Keith... starting to think the 'kids' don't know how really good they've got it... buying a beer on the pit side of the track, heck even buying a beer at the track was unheard off...

d'kid
quartermileclassics : photos : US 30 Dragstrip (A Private Collection)- powered by SmugMug Karl I'm giving up my age here but in that picture I am looking in the window of the LRW and my old brother is standing in front trying to sell Drag News.....Long time gone!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back