[pic] Name that T/F engine part (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
6c18_1.JPG

found it browsing eBay, here is the description:
Registered member said:
Up for auction is a race used top fuel engine part given to me by a Schumacher crew member and signed by Tony. The only real mystery is I dont know from what part of the engine it came from. It has small marks all around it and what looks like timing type marks so I think it is from blower belt drive or front of the engine. I may be wrong but will guarentee it is from a Tony Schumacher 8000 horsepower engine and that he signed it.
I'm just curious what it is and what it does. :confused:

Last edited:
It fits on a RCD front hub. If you look carefully you can see 4 small triangles which are the magnets for the crank trigger

It's the timing/crank trigger ring. As said before, it goes on an RCD front hub. No special pulleys needed. ;)

Ah, I see. So, it sandwiches in between the hub and the pulley?
Do any bolts go thru it or some other way of fixing into place?

Thanx guys. :cool:

It has a slight press fit onto the hub. The blower pulley then bolts to the hub which effectively sandwiches the ring on to where it can't come off. :cool:

Bingo!!! Joshua is your winner. It contains the flying magnets that fire the crank triggers, and if you could see the outer ring of it, it has a the timing marks that allow the crew chief to see the initial timing and the engine builder to set TDC and degree in the camshaft. Nifty little piece huh?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back