Benefit for RFC from Tony Schumacher (1 Viewer)

Kelly

Nitro Member
This is way cool!

eBay Auction:

The Ultimate Fan Experience with Tony Schumacher and you go home with Tony's helmet!

The purchaser of this eBay auction will receive:

* A helmet worn by Tony Schumacher
* 2 full event tickets to the remaining 2008 NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series event of your choice
* 2 weekend passes to the US Army Racing Hospitality Area
* Stand on the starting line while Tony Schumacher is wearing your helmet in a qualifying run
* Be transported to the top end of the track where Tony will remove the helmet, autograph it for you, and present it to you
* A personalized Hero Card including you, Tony and the US Army Dragster will be provided by professional photographer Richard Shute

All proceeds from this auction will benefit Christian Motorsports International, Inc / Team RFC

Re: Ebay-Benefit for RFC from Tony Schumacher

While I agree it's an awesome experience...it will be way outta my budget. :(

Way out of my budget too...unless I win Powerball between now and the 19th :rolleyes:

Already over $600 and still 6 days to go. Cool idea though, wouldn't mind winning it.

Very cool deal. I've put the word out to family and friends to help in getting this for my son Kevin who as many of you know is now permanently in a wheelchair with Muscular Dystrophy.

Tony is his favorite TF driver and this would be very cool surprise for him.

Wish us luck.

Last edited:

Drew.. make sure you read the fine print ..

Trackside participants must be at least 18 years of age.

still sounds like a cool deal for your son. good luck.

Drew, you could take care of the trackside part for Kev. Other than that.....I couldn't imagine a better gift for Kevin! :)

Morgan Lucas had one on eBay last week too. It was $2,000.00.

very cool idea, to bad I'm poor. Hope it raises a ton of money.

Drew it says you have to be 18, but if they ever have something that is for kids that he could do more of, let us know I'd chip in and I'm sure others would too

Damn, fine print. :)

I couldn't get the chair in the van anyway although I could just lift him in there and ride along. I think he'd be ok as long as he's inside the vehicle the whole time. (We've done it before)

The only part he wouldn't be able to do I think is the standing at the starting line.

Even so, the rest of it would be cool for him.

WOW...somebody is going to have a blast with this one...to bad it won't be me...but it is good they are raising a lot of money for a good cause...

My hat's off to Tony and DSR for doing this. This is a perfect example that there is more to being a Champ then just winning races.

RFC provides so much support for our racers and never asks for anything in return. The NHRA doesn't give a lot of support to RFC except for a few credentials at each event. Their only way to keep on doing what they do for ALL of us is through donations like this.

I hope the auction brings a huge number for RFC. Larry and Lindy Smiley do a great job and the races wouldn't be the same without them. Great Job Tony!

I wasn't going to spend anymore than my pre-determined max bid so I dropped out at $4,049.

Seriously, that's great that someone was willing to dish out that kinda dough.

So that was you that outbid me...
I was proxied up to $4,048 - no more. That's some good money going to a great charity.

DLB

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back