Phoenix People (1 Viewer)

Gary H

Nitro Member
Anyone here that used to cruise main in mesa years ago? Well, beleive it or not, the city of mesa is trying to get it going again as a once a month event.
The last big one was march 15th, huge turnout. A few of the pics I took are here. Main Street Cruise, March 15 2008

Anyway, the next one is July 11th. We're trying to get a good turnout for this one. Probably not as big as the one on march or the next big one in Nov. but hopefully it will grow. BTW, the mayor of mesa is for this as well. They saw a big jump in sales downtown because not many people knew of all the changes that have been done.

Pass the word along :)

We cruised Central for a couple decades but I never headed out to Mesa to cruise Main. Sounds fun however. I hope it goes well for you all and that no isolated jerks ruin it for you as so often happens.

We cruised Central for a couple decades but I never headed out to Mesa to cruise Main. Sounds fun however. I hope it goes well for you all and that no isolated jerks ruin it for you as so often happens.

Cruising Central back in the 80's was a blast, spent a good part of my youth out there on Friday and Saturday nights. Good times, good times! :)

At a Kroger store down here alot of the old timers started gathering in the parking lot on Saturday nights with there hot rods and then it got to be really big but then all the young punks started showing up with there ricers and bikes and stuff and soon there were fights and stuff happening so the store wont let them do it anymore.

But I hope it goes well for Mesa.

This may be a bit off course but 1/2 mile from my home on the Lake Pleasant Parkway and 83rd Avenue (Safeway Parking Lot) there is a car show every Saturday night. Usually between 150-300 cars every weekend. It's become quite a gathering and we usually attend with something out of the garage. We may even take a dragster or Funnycar to the show one day.

I'll let you Phoenixite's fight that heat all you want! I'll take 92-95 degrees this time of year anyday!:p

Wuss.. :p

Mesa is going to sponsor the cruise, they're even looking at having burnout contests etc. And yeah, there's always someone that has to be stupid. I hope it works out too, the pavillions is boring. Just looking at the cars gets old, alot better too see and hear them.

The central cruises that they've had over the last few years were cool, but phoenix shut them down quick.

Some pics from them.
October 11, 2003
Central Oct 1 2005

Have alot more, just not uploaded.

I'll let you Phoenixite's fight that heat all you want! I'll take 92-95 degrees this time of year anyday!:p
Joey, it's not fair to speak about the temperature without also mentioning the relative humidity. I've lived in Phoenix all my life but the hottest I've ever been have been on the East coast with triple digit temps and 90+% humidity.

Gary, with the "genius move" light rail Phoenix has all but killed any more Central Avenue cruises. Good luck with yours. We're anticipating some great pictures.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back