Pedregon 2019 (1 Viewer)

I agree with Sean 100%. That is the reason I have 1 Honda & 2 Toyotas, because the quality is better. I usta always be a Ford guy, then realized that "foreign cars" were better. Someone commented that with a global economy, there is almost no such thing as a 100% American car. That's true and that's the way it is now. Do like the fact that Honda, Toyota build their cars here, cuz that does help our economy.

If the profits went back to Japan then why is Toyota a public company traded on the NYSE? That doesn't sound very Japanese to me... Sounds more like the profits are going into 401k's and other investments.

You are right Nate, Toyota Motor Corporation is traded on the NYSE under the ticker TM, but you failed to understand that TM is an ADR (American Depositary Receipt). ADRs are an easier way for U.S. investors to purchase stock in foreign companies (instead of having to deal with possible regulatory and currency exchange issues), and they benefit the non-U.S. companies by making it easier to attract American investors. So bottom line, Toyota is absolutely a Japanese company, but the ADR makes it easier for U.S. investors to invest in Toyota.

And let me be clear, just because I clarified the above definitely does not mean I agree with some of the extreme "pro-American and F everybody else" views and comments that some people spew!

Toyota good. That is all I have to say about that..........;)

Attachments

• JR with Wally 4_23_Todd.jpg
    JR with Wally 4_23_Todd.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 11
Other than the fact I'll never forgive Toyota for blighting our highways with some of the most repulsive looking vehicles on the planet..... I mean, I swear they hired a team of ugly-ologists to design the latest generation Prius..... But other than that I don't really care if they want to be in drag racing. It's unlikely I'd ever own one because they don't build anything I'd want, but they do bring a lot of money into the sport and I try to support those who support the sport. Although I do get a little uptight with people who think the engine in Antron's fueler is made by Toyota. :D:D

It takes just as much effort to design an ugly car as it does to make a beautiful car. I would think the choice would be obvious.

Other than the fact I'll never forgive Toyota for blighting our highways with some of the most repulsive looking vehicles on the planet..... I mean, I swear they hired a team of ugly-ologists to design the latest generation Prius..... But other than that I don't really care if they want to be in drag racing. It's unlikely I'd ever own one because they don't build anything I'd want, but they do bring a lot of money into the sport and I try to support those who support the sport. Although I do get a little uptight with people who think the engine in Antron's fueler is made by Toyota. :D:D
But the valve covers say Toyota so it has to be😂😂😂😂

I want to think they're designed after the Transformer movie.

Personally, I still drive my 20 year old Honda Accord. But this year I broke down and bought a new Dodge Durango and love it; especially the satellite radio. Nothing in drag racing influenced my decision. Just did my homework and liked the look.

I want to think they're designed after the Transformer movie.

Personally, I still drive my 20 year old Honda Accord. But this year I broke down and bought a new Dodge Durango and love it; especially the satellite radio. Nothing in drag racing influenced my decision. Just did my homework and liked the look.

Does it have a HEMI? :p

This was the part of the article that I found the most interesting (or should I say entertaining).......quintessential Cruz!

"I trust me, my instincts, my way of doing things, my dedication and commitment to winning and performing so I'm going to go back to doing what I did in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016, and tune the car. I am going to make the decisions. That way i won't have anyone to get mad at if the car doesn't go down the track. That's going to be on my shoulders.

I read a Competition Plus article that Ford is jumping back in with Bob Tasca and they are making a new body and want others to use it.
The article’s title was Funny Car is taking a page out the old Pro Stock days of Manufactures wars. That’s a good thing!

I thought that was the older version of the Charger, the new version has a longer edge on the front splitter.
I bet he has something worked out with DSR, they probably have quite a few of the older ones in great shape all ready to drop on Cruz's DSR chassis.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back