Wicked Fast: Mopar and Dodge//SRT Debut New Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat NHRA Funny Car (1 Viewer)

JRX

Nitro Member
The new Dodge Hellcat Funny Car is out! It should be interesting to see how quick it will be!

https://motorracingpress.com/?p=44427 - Unleashed: 2019 Mopar Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat NHRA Funny Car

mhMOPAR71918.jpg

Last edited:
It's too bad Mopar didn't keep the Charger a 2 door. 4 door cars to me just don't do anything for me.

Personally I would of liked a Challenger FC - but you run what your sponsor wants.

Geez, one would think reading this article that its the first funny car body to ever see a wind tunnel test /design.

It's too bad Mopar didn't keep the Charger a 2 door. 4 door cars to me just don't do anything for me.
High performance four door sedans are now the in thing. Back in the 70s it was 2 doors. Had a 2006 Charger. Great car. It would have looked strange if it was a 2 door. My wife has a CTS-V Sedan. I think it looks way better than the coupes.

I test drove a new Track Hawk Jeep Grand Cherokee today. 700 plus HP. It's a 4 door and it's pretty fast. :)

I have a Charger 2015 SRT 392 and I am waiting for the 2019 version as they are supposedly redesigning the body. I was hoping they would show the 2019 street version with this, the factory version they show here is the 2018 Charger. I am ready for a new car and I am drooling for a Hellcat, I need the 4 doors so it can be kid friendly and keep the wife happy.

I have a Charger 2015 SRT 392 and I am waiting for the 2019 version as they are supposedly redesigning the body. I was hoping they would show the 2019 street version with this, the factory version they show here is the 2018 Charger. I am ready for a new car and I am drooling for a Hellcat, I need the 4 doors so it can be kid friendly and keep the wife happy.

No more SRT 392 for 2019. The features on that model have rolled down as options on the Scat Pack: See here. The only SRT for 2019 is the Hellcat model.

While it isn't on Dodge's website yet, the Nadaguides site has the build and price section for the 2019 Chargers. If one doesn't need the power of either the Hellcat or 392 the R/T can now be had with the Harman Kardon stereo and Brembo brakes as an option. Of course, thanks to the new options a loaded R/T is now within $5K of a similarly equipped Scat Pack. :eek:

As far as the original topic of this thread, I like the new funny car design. Should have reflected the SRT trim from the very begining.

Last edited:
Personally I would of liked a Challenger FC - but you run what your sponsor wants.
A Hellcat IS a Challenger (and a Charger) It's hard to tell if this i
Yes! Seeing those imprints of door handles for the Charger's "rear doors" in the mold always irked me. They should have left them off.

who cares what the bodies are called. the current FC design seems to be getting wider in the front and narrower in the back with less rear deck spoiler.
.02 guess says a large % of body's downforce is created rite up front.

I test drove a new Track Hawk Jeep Grand Cherokee today. 700 plus HP. It's a 4 door and it's pretty fast. :)
WE bought one last month. Awesome SUV.

We had gone to the dealer in our C6 Grand Sport Vette. My wife drove it home and I drove the Jeep. Somewhere near Palmdale, she pulls up next to me and wants to do a roll on. I nod and let her go first. Then I hammered it and drove away from her like she was driving a Prius. Later we stopped for lunch and I mentioned how many people saw us do that. Wide body Vette VS SUV and the Vette gets trounced.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back