Pedregon 2019 (1 Viewer)

Any one notice that Toyota is not sponsoring the Sonoma and Vegas 2 races this year

I would like to see Cruz do well after the crappy seasons he has been having, now I will like him even more that he got rid of the toyota TRASH. Toyota has no business in the land of V-8s and 2 door coupes. When they came into NASCAR that was it for me, couldnt stand to watch a race again!

Charger's are 2-door coupes?

Toyota had a rough year with sales being lower than forecasted, wouldn't be shocked at all to see them pull back some.

Dsr is working and has the new dodge bodies,i wonder if cruzer and maybe others got a big discount on the old bodies from dsr,if they sold them?
They got Matt Hagen's and Jack Beckman's old bodies at a deep discount....
rpm_u_hagan11_600.jpg
e603ef55a8b65db2d433910e2893845d.jpg

The 20 cases of Gorilla Tape was not included.....

some re-assembly, ummm... acquired......

maybe Gorilla can sponsor them?

1. I would think funny car teams would be lining up for a Camry after being &^%* slapped by them over the past three years.
2. My Toyota Tundra was built by flag waving, red blooded Americans in San Antonio Texas. My previous truck, a new(at the time of purchase) Ford F250
filled me with gobs of MAGA buy American pride. When I got the truck home from the dealer and looked at the door jam, DOH!!!!, my new truck was not built in this country.

Also: Camrys are built in America. Chargers are built in Canada.

True, but.... when you buy a Camry the profits go back to Japan. If you buy a Charger, the profits go back to Auburn Hills MI.

If you buy a Charger, the profit is funneled thru many multi-national conglomerates that end in Turin, Italy.

I don't really care, as it is truly a global economy. No large automaker could survive without significant foreign investment and manufacturing. I just love when people get all bent out of shape about domestic and foreign car brands at the track or on this board without any thought as to what a domestic or foreign car really is these days.

Also: Camrys are built in America. Chargers are built in Canada.
This is what most people don't see. I purchased a new GMC pickup a few years ago. Good old American Made, right? Nope, Canadian. My brother's Chevy, assembled in Mexico. As many people as Toyota employs here in the US, they are an American company and the quality of their product is second to none. Personally I own Fords these days, but I would have no problem buying a Toyota at all, nor do I have a problem with them in racing. If racers don't like it, build something else that beats them, isn't that how America is supposed to work?

True, but.... when you buy a Camry the profits go back to Japan. If you buy a Charger, the profits go back to Auburn Hills MI.

Let's be clear only one of those vehicles is assembled by Americans. So you can buy a Camry which was built by American hands, while profits are sent back to Japan, or you can buy a Charger, built by Canadian hands, while profits are sent back to Italy, via London.

There is no true "American Automobile Industry" anymore so people can stop with the flag waiving.

1. I would think funny car teams would be lining up for a Camry after being &^%* slapped by them over the past three years.
2. My Toyota Tundra was built by flag waving, red blooded Americans in San Antonio Texas. My previous truck, a new(at the time of purchase) Ford F250
filled me with gobs of MAGA buy American pride. When I got the truck home from the dealer and looked at the door jam, DOH!!!!, my new truck was not built in this country.
And the engine for that Tundra was built about four miles from my house in Huntsville, Al.

If you buy a Charger, the profit is funneled thru many multi-national conglomerates that end in Turin, Italy.

Now that I think about it, before all of Chrysler's profits went back to Italy, they went back to Stuttgart, Germany. It has been a long time since Chrysler money stayed in Michigan, USA.

it's actually rather amazing that there are still 4 manufacturers that still put their name on funny car bodies......funnier thing is they even put their brands all over the TF'rs.

Last edited:
Let's be clear only one of those vehicles is assembled by Americans. So you can buy a Camry which was built by American hands, while profits are sent back to Japan, or you can buy a Charger, built by Canadian hands, while profits are sent back to Italy, via London.

There is no true "American Automobile Industry" anymore so people can stop with the flag waiving.

Hey...who know how much "profit" goes back to Japan (or Turino), the paychecks for Toyota (or many Hondas and most Hyundais) are spent right here in the USA.....Lots of vendors and suppliers along the way too.

I have a Honda Fit, built in Japan. Have Yokohama tires on it - which are built in the USA. I drive it, & I was made in the USA. :)

I wholeheartedly agree with what most of you have said. I have no problem at all with what's going on with Toyota. That money is being made by Americans and thus, supporting American households.

I'll take it a step further in saying that Detroit has nobody to blame for any woes other than themselves when it comes to the automotive market. The Toyota product, as well as several other foreign vehicles is better, period. I run an automotive repair shop that primarily focuses on transmission repair and we see it every day. We work on the domestic stuff over the foreign stuff probably 50:1. My previous career of 24 years in the spring industry as a multi-tier supplier to the automotive industry was a perfect illustration to me why Detroit is in the position they're in right now. Their arrogance and bullying mentality, in hindsight, was frustrating to deal with and I'm glad I'm out of it. I can't tell you how many times I sat in board rooms with these folks and had to listen to them tell you how to make a spring for an application that, after being engineered into a corner without previous regard for the need of a spring, we knew would never survive. Evidence that the spring wouldn't survive life cycle didn't matter. "Just do it". 6 months later we're back in the same board room going over other options, you know, after spending/wasting however many thousands of dollars. The others, Asians in particular, were HANDS DOWN better to work with. There was no arrogance, no bullying. They knew they needed a spring and they had little to no input, simply because that wasn't their job. As a matter of fact, one engineer from Honda told me, "That's why we have you". If the original idea didn't engineer out properly with regards to the spring, the design changes were made THAT DAY. They trusted us, as they should have, because making springs is what we did. A concept foreign to the leadership in Detroit.

So the fact that we see very little work at our shop for foreign vehicles compared to domestic is no surprise to me. For this particular discussion, I don't mind Toyota. They're employing our people, supporting our households and produce a better product. I know that opinion may not always be popular, but I don't care. I've seen evidence. I've lived it. And on some levels, it's embarrassing to me as an American.

Sean D

If the profits went back to Japan then why is Toyota a public company traded on the NYSE? That doesn't sound very Japanese to me... Sounds more like the profits are going into 401k's and other investments.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back