Patriots quest for perfection (1 Viewer)

I've been a Patriots fan since the Grogan days. Looking at it realistically, the one team that has the best chance to beat the Pat's is Jacksonville. Indy is not a factor. They are built to play indoors or in warm weather, neither of which you will find in Foxboro in January. The Jags on the other hand can run it down anybodies throat. That is bad news for the Pat's. Don't get me wrong, I think the Pat's will win the SuperBowl. As far as the Cowboy's go, I think Green Bay will beat them the second time around.

Jack

My money is on 16-0 regular season and a loss in the playoffs. That's right the best regular season in NFL history doesn't even get to the Super Bowl!!! The Colts (way under the radar now and slowly getting healthy) or the Jags (smashmouth team) will get 'em. And don't look now, Norv Turner has finally pulled his head out and realized that LT was on his team and decided to give him the ball and the Chargers D is playing very well.

I'm with Chris here. 16-0 and a playoff loss. A few things that'll add to the drama are three records that could be broken by the Pats or someone on the team. Will they break the record for most points scored? Seems like a no-brainer as they only need 34 points in their last two games to break the record of 556 set by the Vikings in 1998, the first ever 15-1 team to not even make the Super Bowl. Also, will Moss break the record for TD catches of 22 set by Rice (not our Greg, but Jerry:D) in 1987 (in only 12 games!) and will Brady break Peyton's record for TD passes? Brady needs 5 in the last two games and he's had only 7 in the last 4 games.

The Giants really came prepared for this one. I really enjoyed every bit of that game. Both teams used their best weapons and defenses were seldom fooled. The very fact that the Patriots were able to take such a well prepared team as NY was last night and come back on them like they did tells me they are for real. Special teams was their biggest weakness and I'll bet they get some extra work over the next two weeks. I'll also bet there are marks left on #37 for his stupid antics on the field.

I know anybody can be beaten on any given day but I'll have a tough time seeing anybody but the Colts topping this team this year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back