Patriots quest for perfection (1 Viewer)

The Swegian

Nitro Member
So what do those of you who are football fans think of the NE Patriots chances to go 16-0? They should handle the Jets and Miami but the last week at the Giants could be the one game that does them in. Wouldn't it be ironic though if Miami goes into that game at 0-14, the Pats at 14-0, and Miami does the unthinkable? If NE is 15-0 heading into that last game, I would imagine that game would garner huge TV ratings especially with it being a Saturday night game.

Anything is possible and as they say "On any given Sunday?" I will say this. Listening to their post-game press conferences one thing is crystal clear . . .

. . . they WILL be focused upon their next opponent despite their record, injuries, past meetings, etc. There are lots of reasons not to warm up to Bill Belichick but other than being outperformed time and again by his team and his incident with spying out defensive signals, there are very few things to criticize about his coaching-proven by his win/loss record. He has taken the intelligent players who otherwise could/might have been average in another system and created value in every position-every play. Big names appear absent and even without the Junior Seau or Randy Moss (who have been considered big names elsewhere) he won the Super Bowl time and again.

This team is something special and beyond their talent is their focus for every game-every week-even every play. They are mentally prepared better than their opponents week in and week out. I suspect any loss they suffer this year will come as a result of their loss of that focus more than another team's preparation.

Like my son Paul, I also want to finally, once and for all, shut up the historians about Miami's undefeated season being the greatest team in the history of the world-never to be matched again-BS. They were just another well prepared team mentally and physically with some of the biggest names our history books will ever mention. It would be quite refreshing to see New England do it this year. I believe they've earned it.

p. s. I am NOT a Patriots fan. (I just know excellent quality football when I see it)

The Patriots are bad to the bone. There is no doubt they could go undefeated even counting the playoffs. I mean, good lord, Tom Brady has made Jabar Gaffney look like a top of the line wide receiver. I'm not a Pats fan, but they are by far the best team in the NFL. Or atleast until the Cowboy's beat them in the Superbowl!

Weather could be a factor in keeping the streak alive today!

And although they say records are made to be broken...I would prefer the Dolphins keep this one ;)

They will meet the Cowboys again, only this time the result will be differant, Dallas didn't lose untill the fourth quarter the last time, We won't make the same mistakes twice. The Pats have the best record and are a great team, BUT they can be beaten and Dallas will prove it.

They will meet the Cowboys again, only this time the result will be differant, Dallas didn't lose untill the fourth quarter the last time, We won't make the same mistakes twice. The Pats have the best record and are a great team, BUT they can be beaten and Dallas will prove it.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

I hope your right Kenny but I gotta say my boys havent looked that good the last 3 games. They were totally out of it offensively today and there defense is just not that good. Teams can throw on us all day and thats scary considering how good the Pats are. But I got faith!

N.E. is a hell of a football team and it`s going to take somebody playing almost perfect football to hand them a loss. I think Indy is the only team that has a realistic shot at beating them. It isn`t going to be a team out of the NFC. I don`t really care for either team, but being a Fish fan, I`ve got to pull for the Colts to beat them....Gotta keep that `72 undefeated Dolphins legacy alive, right Bobby!

Like my son Paul, I also want to finally, once and for all, shut up the historians about Miami's undefeated season being the greatest team in the history of the world-never to be matched again-BS. They were just another well prepared team mentally and physically with some of the biggest names our history books will ever mention. It would be quite refreshing to see New England do it this year. I believe they've earned it.

Some interesting facts about the '72 Dolphins. They were the first team to have two 1,000 yard rushers but one thing that really jumped out at me was the fact that they ranked 24th (of 24 teams) in passing attempts and completions. Obviously it was a much different game then but the Fins only completed 144 passes, just over 10 per game average. I remember them playing my Vikings (well, it's not like I own them but they're my home team) that season and winning the game 16-14 on a last minute touchdown pass from Griese to Jim Mandich. On the opposite end of the spectrum, their running game ranked first in everything (yards, attempts, TD's) except yards per rush where they ranked 2nd. They also shut out 3 opponents.

Does anybody remember what their defense was known as?

Kenny,
Did you post this after watching the Eagles play them last evening? They looked sad indeed. I'm concerned that they seem to squeak by too often and especially after their injuries yesterday which included Romo's thumb. Lastly, if he doesn't tell his "girlfriend du jour" to stay home from here on out, Romo may never win again since they haven't won with one in the stands yet (according to the announcers du jour.)

i hope the pats go undefeated - knock shula off his pedistal.

Shula lost my respect when he was in the booth and stated that if the Pats went undefeated that "I guess we would be FORCED to congratulate them". I understand you want to be the only team to do it, but to be a total ass about it is wrong.

Kenny,
Did you post this after watching the Eagles play them last evening? They looked sad indeed. I'm concerned that they seem to squeak by too often and especially after their injuries yesterday which included Romo's thumb. Lastly, if he doesn't tell his "girlfriend du jour" to stay home from here on out, Romo may never win again since they haven't won with one in the stands yet (according to the announcers du jour.)

JS was at the last 2 home games and Romo played pretty well in those.

I know he wants to win, but I'm sure it wasnt on his mind too much. I know it wouldnt be on mind if I was taking JS home with me!

My money is on 16-0 regular season and a loss in the playoffs. That's right the best regular season in NFL history doesn't even get to the Super Bowl!!! The Colts (way under the radar now and slowly getting healthy) or the Jags (smashmouth team) will get 'em. And don't look now, Norv Turner has finally pulled his head out and realized that LT was on his team and decided to give him the ball and the Chargers D is playing very well.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back