Patrick prepares for final ihra event (1 Viewer)

BUDDS CREEK, Md. – The road has been both smooth and rocky at times, but for IHRA Pro Stock racer Robert Patrick, plans to run the quarter-mile stretch at Maryland International Raceway [MIR] one last time with a mountain motor.

This weekend’s IHRA President’s Cup Nationals in Budds Creek, Md., represents the final event in which the former world champion from Fredericksburg, Va., will race a mountain motor Pro Stocker in the quarter-mile.

“We’ve had a good run and we’ve won some races and a championship,” said Patrick, noting the importance of engine builder Bob Ingles and his team.
Patrick, who plans to run a limited schedule in NHRA Pro Stock as well as in ADRL Extreme Pro Stock during the 2010 season, made his Pro Stock driving debut at MIR back in 1991 during the facility’s traditional Mountain Motor Nationals.

“My last mountain motor race to be here is only fitting,” Patrick added. “Bob really put a big effort into making us run strong in IHRA Pro Stock and although we had some breakage this year, we didn’t do too badly. He’s put together a good motor for me so that we can go out with a good performance.”

Patrick won 14 of 25 finals rounds as a competitor in the IHRA’s mountain motor Pro Stock division. He’s listed as the fourth winningest driver in mountain motor Pro Stock history behind Rickie Smith, Lee Shepherd and Doug Kirk.

This weekend the emphasis is on putting his best foot forward for the fans and enjoying the moment.

“There’s really no pressure on me for the points and if it wasn’t for the race being close to home, I might not have attended,” Patrick confided. “Everything that Royce Miller [MIR owner] has done for mountain motor Pro Stock racing, I am looking forward to coming over and supporting his event.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back