Pat Foster (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the input, Karl. You validated my uneasy feelings about it. If I was in his position, I still think it would be a good pick-me-up, but that's just me. Nonetheless, I'll wait.

As for the correct version, I must be completely honest, I don't know. It was before my time and I'm just now kinda' getting into the nostalgia scene. How do I know?

Sean D

If it's Pat's there'll be 740 at the rear of the yellow stripe, if it's The Unsinkable Kelly Brown there'll be a 757... Shoe drove the 757 one weekend at the County, summer of '71...

But, everything said and done.... Get Better Pat

d'kid

I've got that die cast Setzer Vega too, i never thought to bring it to the car show where i took that picture.
Sometimes you just take for granted that if a person has been around this long they'll be around forever.

Prayers and best wishes to Patty and his family. The worldwide nitro community loves you and needs you Patty!

-85/90% Jimmy

Fom Cole Foster: I'm here in Spokane , and My dads making a slow recovery , looking forward to getting him out of hospital if there are no big set backs."

Situation appears stable and I am going to try this week to see if he is up to visitors. If anyone here is looking to help, you can purchase Foster T-shirts from Jim Sorenson at Mysterion Screenprint! . There are black and white Foster Slingshotz and a black Foster Race Cars with the Setzer Vega on front. Keep Pat in your thoughts.

Every little bit helps...Herman

Hiyah, Randy. Nice that you real nitro guys are also doing nitro fanboy sites!

Speaking of Jim Sorenson’s Mysterion Screenprint, Jim’s photographic work is almost featured on the “Finish Line” last page of the newest Hot Rod mag, with Wally on the cover.

“Almost”, because the caption is for Randy Wall’s NFC roasting at the recent CHRR, but the pic is Bob Bode's very very modern F/C in a fireball probably at some big show track recently?

I know Jim didn’t take this pic, as he don’t do NHRA Big Show, no way no how.

Best wishes again to Pat and the whole Foster family. Vigils at hospitals are emotionally taxing and suck, but you want to do all you can in a situation like this.

-85 to 90% Jimmy

PS – J-So – congrats on that kick ass caption, dude!

Relaying this from a post on the classicfunnycarboard thread last night.

Cole just called and said that Pat is doing a little better now that the ventilator has been removed and a temporary trache tube put in. He said that Pat temporarily won't be able to speak after he is more solidly with us (may be awhile) - how cool that Patty would have to sit and listen for a change?? For those who know him, ya know what I'm talking about! Get well soon my friend - we miss you.

Any news on Lil John??

It's great to hear Pat's doing better and seems to be on the road to recovery.

Any news on Lil John??

Hiyah, Randy. Nice that you real nitro guys are also doing nitro fanboy sites!

Speaking of Jim Sorenson’s Mysterion Screenprint, Jim’s photographic work is almost featured on the “Finish Line” last page of the newest Hot Rod mag, with Wally on the cover.

“Almost”, because the caption is for Randy Wall’s NFC roasting at the recent CHRR, but the pic is Bob Bode's very very modern F/C in a fireball probably at some big show track recently?

I know Jim didn’t take this pic, as he don’t do NHRA Big Show, no way no how.

Best wishes again to Pat and the whole Foster family. Vigils at hospitals are emotionally taxing and suck, but you want to do all you can in a situation like this.

-85 to 90% Jimmy

PS – J-So – congrats on that kick ass caption, dude!

I caught that flub in the latest Hot Rod too. There is a headon pic of Randy's burndown on the back cover of Traditional Rod & Kulture #12. No credit for the photographer though.
And get well Pat!

Pat was transferred to a rehab hospital in Post Falls Idaho today. There was nothing more the hospital he was in could do for him. And he is doing a lot better

Re-relaying an update from classicfunnycarboard.

From Don Ewald:

I just got a call from Cindy Gibbs who got a call from Ken Logan who spent the day with Foster. For the first time since he went down Patty "came to" this morning and responded to Ken (who he didn't respond to in the past). Long story short he sat up and in spite of the trach tube talked to Ken for an hour and a half (his nurse was totally shocked).

Although he doesn't look well, Pat's mind is coming back fast. He doesn't remember anything from the time he went down to this morning... total blank (probably a good thing). Other than that he remembers most everything.

Ken got around to asking him if he was ready to live in a wheelchair the rest of his life and after a little thought, Pat said "Yep". At this point Cindy said, "Watch him design the trickest wheelchair ever built".

I know this is the Readers Digest version but it is the best news I've had in a while. Hopefully we will start seeing a steady improvement in the near future. This was something nobody expected (including the doctors) but a lot prayed for. I'm sure Ken can add to this when he gets online.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back