Pat Foster (1 Viewer)

Pat Foster is one of the funny car greats. He drove a lot of good cars back in the day including the Barry Setzer car and I believe even Shady Glenn. Don't think he was ever a Hawaiian driver, or was he? One thing for sure, he was Orange County. Also a good pipe bender and restorer too. God Bless this great man.

Pat Foster is one of the funny car greats. He drove a lot of good cars back in the day including the Barry Setzer car and I believe even Shady Glenn. Don't think he was ever a Hawaiian driver, or was he? One thing for sure, he was Orange County. Also a good pipe bender and restorer too. God Bless this great man.

yepper, after Reyes stepped out, not long...
Also drove Don Cook's Damn Yankee before Snag...

d'kid

The guy is a real talent and a legend in the sport.
I hope he gets to stick around and recovers. He's far too good to lose.
From an April car show...

2892571530088366760S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited:
I was at PRI show in Orlando with Darrell Gwynn and the talk around the show
was they are going to pull the plug this week....

I was at PRI show in Orlando with Darrell Gwynn and the talk around the show
was they are going to pull the plug this week....

Won't this year just PLEASE freaking END! We've lost WAY to many of the greats and now this deal with Foster is just too much!

Nothing has changed, his condition is the same as a week ago. Please keep Pat in your thoughts and prayers.

We saw Pat at Indy this year,got his autograph and thought he looked great. This is sad news. WE WILL PRAY FOR HIM.

Doctors found what was causing Pats problem and his condition has taken a turn for the positive.......

I'm re-relaying this from classicfunnycarboard.

"This was just posted on another site.
The Medical staff who had given Pats' sister Linda the grim report I had
passed on verbatum Friday, today reports a most encouraging turnaround!

Apparently a chest tube (or some such) had failed and was not discovered
until sunday night. Corrected, his condition has turned toward the
positive. Far from out of the woods, but not nearly as close to the pine
as earlier alluded, this comes as wonderful news about 10 min. ago from
son Cole.

Doctor says he's a tough old bird. To those of us hereabouts, this is
not news, just affirmation."

I hope everything turns out ok , Pat Foster is a legend . He drove the berry setzer vega aye? from the footage ive seen that car was awesome

I'm re-relaying this from classicfunnycarboard.

"This was just posted on another site.
The Medical staff who had given Pats' sister Linda the grim report I had
passed on verbatum Friday, today reports a most encouraging turnaround!

Apparently a chest tube (or some such) had failed and was not discovered
until sunday night. Corrected, his condition has turned toward the
positive. Far from out of the woods, but not nearly as close to the pine
as earlier alluded, this comes as wonderful news about 10 min. ago from
son Cole.

Doctor says he's a tough old bird. To those of us hereabouts, this is
not news, just affirmation."

If he was in ICU, the nursing staff should be kicked up the bloody arse for not noticing if apparently a chest tube (or some such) had failed and was not discovered until Sunday night. I was a Senior Staff Nurse on an ICU at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Gateshead from '86 to '91 where patients were always nursed on a 1 to 1 basis.

Great news anyway.

John

from what i am reading on other sites....it's baby steps...he is improving a little bit, but lets not forget, he is in his upper 60's or so...it's gonna take awhile for him to get healthy

I hope everything turns out ok , Pat Foster is a legend . He drove the berry setzer vega aye? from the footage ive seen that car was awesome

I recently acquired a 1/24th scale die-cast of that car and was actually going to look into trying send it to him to autograph.................until I read this thread. Man, this sucks.

That being said, it appears things are turning around for him, so what would your opinions be on me following through with that? Just wait and see? Maybe it will cheer him up? I don't know what's kosher to do.

Sean D

I recently acquired a 1/24th scale die-cast of that car and was actually going to look into trying send it to him to autograph.................until I read this thread. Man, this sucks.

That being said, it appears things are turning around for him, so what would your opinions be on me following through with that? Just wait and see? Maybe it will cheer him up? I don't know what's kosher to do.

Sean D

Sean,

Give Mister Foster some time, besides that, sound like a cheering Idea, but, wait until he's out of the hospital.... make sure he realizes you're just 'standing at the rope' and want his autograph... it is a little tacky to ask someone in the hospital for an autograph....

and make sure it's not the Kelly Brown version of the car, nor when 'Shoe' ran the car at OCIR....

d'kid

Sean,

Give Mister Foster some time, besides that, sound like a cheering Idea, but, wait until he's out of the hospital.... make sure he realizes you're just 'standing at the rope' and want his autograph... it is a little tacky to ask someone in the hospital for an autograph....

and make sure it's not the Kelly Brown version of the car, nor when 'Shoe' ran the car at OCIR....

d'kid

Thanks for the input, Karl. You validated my uneasy feelings about it. If I was in his position, I still think it would be a good pick-me-up, but that's just me. Nonetheless, I'll wait.

As for the correct version, I must be completely honest, I don't know. It was before my time and I'm just now kinda' getting into the nostalgia scene. How do I know?

Sean D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back