Pacific Raceways (1 Viewer)

Gone Dead Train

Nitro Member
With all the bad news about dragstrips being sold, here is some good news for the racers and fans
in the Northwest. After years of talking about it, getting permits...ect. It's good to see the
Pacific Raceways new Pacific Innovation Center ( garages and commercial space ) going up.
Hopefully the dragstrip will get it's much needed facelift. New scoreboards, lighting, grandstands...ect
Pictures are from October. As of 2022 the dragstrip has bin sending cars down the 1320 for 62 years.
244708323_4634856913219619_80087221272356133_n.jpg

244619064_4634856939886283_5449394814175001272_n.jpg

244590004_4634857019886275_7934039706892803411_n.jpg

Gl6Mw7Gv-e1629832230512.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks Jim. This is great news! You know what? The rendering looks a lot like Flagstaff, AZ, which is forest land. Always love going up there.

I kept hearing rumors that they were planning on reversing the direction of the drag strip so the afternoon sun isn't a killer on the drivers eyes. Just a rumor. May years ago.

With all the bad news about dragstrips being sold, here is some good news for the racers and fans
in the Northwest. After years of talking about it, getting permits...ect. It's good to see the
Pacific Raceways new Pacific Innovation Center ( garages and commercial space ) going up.
Hopefully the dragstrip will get it's much needed facelift. New scoreboards, lighting, grandstands...ect
Pictures are from October. As of 2022 the dragstrip has bin sending cars down the 1320 for 62 years.

Gl6Mw7Gv-e1629832230512.jpeg

Thanks for the photos Jim. Yes so good to see this addition for this historic facility. And hats off to the Fiorito family. Many people forget that they had it for sale years ago, but took the track off the market when there was no guarantee of it staying a racetrack.
My only question about the location of these new buildings is how much parking will be lost for the big events like the Northwest Nationals, and where will those cars be placed ? I have always taken advantage of the recent (in the trees) VIP parking pass that comes with early renewal of my seats (I've had the same seats since 1989), but prior to that I have parked just where these buildings are being built.
Jim, as our resident expert on Pacific Raceways, what are your thoughts on this ?

pacificraceways.png

Howdy Allan. What I was told by a person ( sorry no names ) that has worked there for a number of years.
There's a plan in place! We will give out more deatails closer to the National Event.
Race tracks are like race teams they say nothing until everything is finalised. If I had to make a guess they will
use the field right above the new business park and the hole in ground to left of the field, by the go-kart track.
They have used that lot for free parking over the years. Like you Allan I have had the same seats since 1988 the
first year of the national event and always had the VIP parking pass when they started that years ago, but I bin
parking in the trees long before 1988, bin going since 1968 8 years old. Maybe they will use those small shuttle buses
like at the airport to shuttle people back and forth. But all and all this is just great news for the racers and fans
here in the Northwest we will be racing for years to come! You remember for years the neighbors bitched about the
noise, took the track to court and about 15 plus years ago a King County Judge finally said enough is enough the
track has done everthing the court told them to do, curfew...ect. They are going to race, end of story!
I was at the track yesterday, they are pourning the walls, things are coming along nicely. I only live 10 minutes from
the track so I will take some pictures in the coming months and post them. Allan one more thing I have always wanted
to go to 100 Mile House, why I have no idea, is there any hip chicks running around town. LOL

Good to hear about what's going on in Kent. We'll be at the Northwest Nationals, like usual. Jim, what's the Pro schedule for that race? Are the fuel cars running on Friday at all or is it just two shots on Saturday. Couldn't find anything online.

Good to hear about what's going on in Kent. We'll be at the Northwest Nationals, like usual. Jim, what's the Pro schedule for that race? Are the fuel cars running on Friday at all or is it just two shots on Saturday. Couldn't find anything online.
Hay Chris. I'm pretty sure the fuel cars will run at least once on Friday, hopefully 2 times.
Here is where I go for the schedule. Remember when you click this, it's the 2021 schedule.
NHRA will update it when the 2022 season gets closer. Hope this helps.

pacificraceways.png

Howdy Allan. What I was told by a person ( sorry no names ) that has worked there for a number of years.
There's a plan in place! We will give out more deatails closer to the National Event.
Race tracks are like race teams they say nothing until everything is finalised. If I had to make a guess they will
use the field right above the new business park and the hole in ground to left of the field, by the go-kart track.
They have used that lot for free parking over the years. Like you Allan I have had the same seats since 1988 the
first year of the national event and always had the VIP parking pass when they started that years ago, but I bin
parking in the trees long before 1988, bin going since 1968 8 years old. Maybe they will use those small shuttle buses
like at the airport to shuttle people back and forth. But all and all this is just great news for the racers and fans
here in the Northwest we will be racing for years to come! You remember for years the neighbors bitched about the
noise, took the track to court and about 15 plus years ago a King County Judge finally said enough is enough the
track has done everthing the court told them to do, curfew...ect. They are going to race, end of story!
I was at the track yesterday, they are pourning the walls, things are coming along nicely. I only live 10 minutes from
the track so I will take some pictures in the coming months and post them. Allan one more thing I have always wanted
to go to 100 Mile House, why I have no idea, is there any hip chicks running around town. LOL

Thanks for the info Jim. As far as 100 Mile House goes, it is a nice little town but the local economy is struggling since it's main industry (a sawmill) closed it's doors awhile ago. And right now, to get there, you would have to go through Alberta ! Since the storm 10 days ago, most of the roads north are flooded, damaged, or destroyed, with another storm on the way. Those that are open are for essential services only. Other than the fresh snow, we are okay up here in the middle of the province, but the south is in big trouble. Besides, I am sure there are more hip chicks in your area !
The first event I went to at (then) SIR, was the NW National Open in 1970. And like you, we parked in the trees as long as we could. We should hook up at the NW Nationals next year.

Thanks for the info Jim. As far as 100 Mile House goes, it is a nice little town but the local economy is struggling since it's main industry (a sawmill) closed it's doors awhile ago. And right now, to get there, you would have to go through Alberta ! Since the storm 10 days ago, most of the roads north are flooded, damaged, or destroyed, with another storm on the way. Those that are open are for essential services only. Other than the fresh snow, we are okay up here in the middle of the province, but the south is in big trouble. Besides, I am sure there are more hip chicks in your area !
The first event I went to at (then) SIR, was the NW National Open in 1970. And like you, we parked in the trees as long as we could. We should hook up at the NW Nationals next year.
The floods in Washington State 10 days ago pretty bad. Towns like Bellingham and Sumas, WA got hit really hard.
Sumas is where I cross the border when I go to the drags at Mission Raceway easy 2 1/2 hour drive. Sumas and
lower Abbotsford had 4 feet of water running through the towns. The rain will be here tonight. There is a ski resort
about 45 min east of me ( Snoqualmie Pass ) they got a couple of feet of new snow in the last week, it's going to warm
up into mid to upper 50's this weekend and rain cats and dogs, not good. Speaking of Mission I'm sure you went to the
old track when it was in downtown Mission. Went there once in 1972 cool drag strip. Sawmill, I worked at one ( Plywood )
from 1979 to 1986 in Snoqualmie, WA. Hooking up sounds great we can touch bases a couple of days before the drags
where to meet. I'm ready to go the drags right now. Went to Pacific on Oct 17 test and tune, good turn out of cars. Racers
were testing for CHRR, Vegas National and div race and Pomona and running there cars one last time before winter. Have
you thought about coming down for Div 6 race June 10-12 alcohol cars will be there. I really like the alky cars and really love
the A/Fuel dragsters they are my favorite cars in drag racing, That is a long haul for you ( 12 hour drive ) for a div race. The next
weekend is the Div 6 race at Mission but no alky cars this time around. One last thing good news for Edmonton and that is a
long haul for me 14 hours.

The floods in Washington State 10 days ago pretty bad. Towns like Bellingham and Sumas, WA got hit really hard.
Sumas is where I cross the border when I go to the drags at Mission Raceway easy 2 1/2 hour drive. Sumas and
lower Abbotsford had 4 feet of water running through the towns. The rain will be here tonight. There is a ski resort
about 45 min east of me ( Snoqualmie Pass ) they got a couple of feet of new snow in the last week, it's going to warm
up into mid to upper 50's this weekend and rain cats and dogs, not good. Speaking of Mission I'm sure you went to the
old track when it was in downtown Mission. Went there once in 1972 cool drag strip. Sawmill, I worked at one ( Plywood )
from 1979 to 1986 in Snoqualmie, WA. Hooking up sounds great we can touch bases a couple of days before the drags
where to meet. I'm ready to go the drags right now. Went to Pacific on Oct 17 test and tune, good turn out of cars. Racers
were testing for CHRR, Vegas National and div race and Pomona and running there cars one last time before winter. Have
you thought about coming down for Div 6 race June 10-12 alcohol cars will be there. I really like the alky cars and really love
the A/Fuel dragsters they are my favorite cars in drag racing, That is a long haul for you ( 12 hour drive ) for a div race. The next
weekend is the Div 6 race at Mission but no alky cars this time around. One last thing good news for Edmonton and that is a
long haul for me 14 hours.

Thankfully Mission Raceway is still dry. Amazing with the river running beside the staging lanes !
My son has a Super Comp dragster that we run at the double header every year. Race was canceled the last 2 years. Now only a divisional so we may run the Edmonton race next year instead. About the same distance from here.
Nice to see them get Rad Torrque for 5 years.

Having never been there, I had no idea there was a housing development within walking distance of the track. What geniuses in the city council approved that crazy zoning?

At least the new development should provide some real good income to support the race track into the future.

Having never been there, I had no idea there was a housing development within walking distance of the track. What geniuses in the city council approved that crazy zoning?

At least the new development should provide some real good income to support the race track into the future.
The older homes have bin there for 50 plus years and you think the city council were dumb assess back then.
These homes went up about 8 years ago, back of the staging lanes at Pacific Raceway. But hay we are going to
race for years to come. Hope they like NITRO I DO!!!
Goodguys-Friday-Night-Drags-42-of-111.jpg

2019 AA/FC in the staging lanes

Last edited:

South Georgia Motorsports Park was built in a large open area between two small towns and close to I-75. It was also built with support by the various state and local governments as it would bring in much needed revenue and jobs to the area.
Now that it's built and successful, the locals have complained about the noise enough that the same government either required or "leaned on" Ozzy enough that he put up a "noise wall" blocking noise from the town that benefits from the track.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back